San Marcos (Rio Vista WW park) Needs your help!

Open Discussion

tomOzarkVideo
Name: Tom McFetridge

San Marcos (Rio Vista WW park) Needs your help!

Post by tomOzarkVideo » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:24 am

If you have ever been to, thought about or would like to go to the Rio Vista park, please send a message to the email in the quote below!! This park is amazing for Texas to have. It's also a great place for a warm winter surfing vacation with the nightlife and hill country flair of both Austin and San Antonio just minutes away.

From North Texas River Runners:
Attention River Runners, the river needs your help! If you have ever paddled at Rio Vista Park on the San Marcos River you know what a true gem the park is. Where else can you paddle year round and have the same clear, clean warm water flows and great surfing waves and place to practice your skills any day of the year? Well, that park didn't just build itself and the city didn't do it out of the kindness of their heart. They built it because we paddlers who are active users and great stewards of the rivers asked, pleaded and petitioned for it. The San Marcos River needs our help again. The floods back in the fall have left the small dam on the river just below the I-35 bridge partly washed out. It is dangerous, not runnable and needs repair. There are plans to not only repair the dam but make it even better and create another section very similar to Rio Vista Park which is of course great for paddlers like us! They need to hear from us paddlers. We need to tell them how much we enjoy and appreciate Rio Vista and the San Marcos River and that enhancing the damaged section below I-35 would create even more recreational potential and is a win-win for everyone. If you could please take just 5 minutes of your time to write a quick note and email it to Ben Kvanli at ben@kayakinstruction.org. Ben is at the forefront of this project and is meeting with the city of San Marcos and engineers TOMORROW! He will present and read all of our messages to the city leaders so they know how much the San Marcos River means to us paddlers. Please do this today!!! Thank you and SYOTR!
"My favorite rapid was Boogie Water" - kru

jes
Name: jes

Re: San Marcos (Rio Vista WW park) Needs your help!

Post by jes » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:47 pm

DONE!

okieboater
Name: David L. Reid

Re: San Marcos (Rio Vista WW park) Needs your help!

Post by okieboater » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:19 am

me too
Okieboater AKA Dave Reid

We are not sure when childhood ends and adulthood begins.

We are sure that when retirement begins, childhood restarts

Social Media