Perception reflex... Plastic slalom boat pics added!

Post paddling related items for sale here or items you are looking for.
Commercial Members feel free to post your sale items here as well.

gannon311
Name: jeff gannon

Perception reflex... Plastic slalom boat pics added!

Post by gannon311 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:17 pm

Good shape nothing wrong with it ... I'm just to heavy for it. $300
Call or text 501-208-four eight nine nine. Can text or email pics
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (31.18 KiB) Viewed 2502 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (28.75 KiB) Viewed 2502 times
http://community.webshots.com/user/gannon311" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

gannon311
Name: jeff gannon

Re: Perception reflex... Plastic slalom boat pics added!

Post by gannon311 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:13 pm

Ok guys this boat needs a new home!!! Make offer but don't low ball me!!
http://community.webshots.com/user/gannon311" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

okieboater
Name: David L. Reid

Post by okieboater » Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:39 pm

Back in the days when you could camp river left above the log bridge on the ARK's numbers, several of us area guys were there enjoying a Memorial Day long weekend. Don't remember level but it was cooking that day. There was a bunch that made the normal numbers run and felt like we were pretty hot boaters. I know I was happy just to have done the numbers without a swim. Back in camp (a bunch of folks were there) most were drinking cool beers and swapping tales of who got hammered on number 5 etc etc.

Suddenly word came out that two of Colorado's finest were going to run Pine Creek. Boaters were asked to bring throw ropes and set safety along the run. At that time, Pine Creek was known as the kick yer butt classic run. Short but gnarly. Often talked about but seldom run - especially at high water no one wanted to ride that Bull. Some left camp and hiked up river left bank. We jumped in the truck and drove up to the RR track area river right. We were down low on the run at the last big nasty hole. I looked upstream and it was all foam and spray. Kinda makes my stomach churn even now thinking about it.

It did not take long before we saw a red Prijon T Slalom doing aerobatics at the top. Seems like he got midway and sucked into a hole, quickly rolled up in a micro eddy and instantly was back in the gnar. Then we see the white reflex dancing down lots of air time for the bow but making it look like a slalom run. This boat and paddler were in perfect sync. At that time the Reflex was known as the hot dog plastic boat for slalom runs. The guy in the Reflex made the run look easy. We were all cheering as loud as we could. In the last big hole he caught an edge and spun around 360 in the hole and got spit out on his stern - no problem. Both banks erupted again in hoots and hollers as he cleared the hole and twirled his paddle!

Absolutely one of if not the best run of the super gnar I have ever seen. When we got back in camp the two boaters were in their chairs and like every one else, we put beers at their feet. Just awesome and something I will never forget.

Thanks Gannon for bringing it back. Never thought I would see one of those super sleek kayaks again.

Bottom line, this boat is a classic and someone should jump on it and make some memories!
Okieboater AKA Dave Reid

We are not sure when childhood ends and adulthood begins.

We are sure that when retirement begins, childhood restarts

Roger

Post by Roger » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:46 pm

Believe it or not!!!??? I use to own one of those. I think Chris Anderson ended up with it. Long story.
I am I plus my surroundings and if I do not preserve the latter, I do not preserve myself. Jose Ortega Y Gasset

The earth is like a spaceship that didn't come with an operating manual.
Buckminster Fuller

okieboater
Name: David L. Reid

Post by okieboater » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:12 pm

Roger, next campfire, I would love to hear that story Dave
Okieboater AKA Dave Reid

We are not sure when childhood ends and adulthood begins.

We are sure that when retirement begins, childhood restarts

Social Media