!Warning! Fishers Ford Access

Open Discussion

Regud
NW AR Chapter President
Name: Ryan Dugger

!Warning! Fishers Ford Access

Post by Regud » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:27 pm

There is now an off-duty state trooper as well as the Sheriff's department ticketing trespassers walking through the field down to the Ford.

In the conversation I had with the trooper, she stated that they will be ticketing anyone walking in the field or on the bank. I did not ask her what she considered the "bank". I do believe that they consider the gravel bar part of the river, since several others were hanging out there while talking to her and were not giving tickets. The lady seemed very nice and is just trying to control the constant vandalism to the landowners fence and signs.

Thanks for your cooperation!
- Ryan

"Confess your Swims!"

midgetwarner
Name: Dani

Re: !Warning! Fishers Ford Access

Post by midgetwarner » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:19 am

Can you still park alongside the dirt road?

Regud
NW AR Chapter President

Post by Regud » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:35 am

midgetwarner wrote:Can you still park alongside the dirt road?
Yes
- Ryan

"Confess your Swims!"

Canoe_Codger
Name: Michael

Post by Canoe_Codger » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:12 pm

Review Arkansas floaters riparian rights... up to the normal high water mark (not record flood) is legal to sit, stand, cross and pitch a tent (not in the urban dictionary sense). This includes most gravel bars. Hopefully the field is properly posted per Arkansas tresspass law (see statutes for requirements).

Michael

justin.payne

Post by justin.payne » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:25 pm

Get prepared...this will soon turn into a high water mark thread. Avoiding conflict is usually as easy as using common sense.

Regud
NW AR Chapter President

Post by Regud » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:42 pm

As Justin said...

Stay on the gravel bar and you will be fine. This is just a warning for those who might have sneaked through the field at one time or another :whistle:
- Ryan

"Confess your Swims!"

tomOzarkVideo
Name: Tom McFetridge

Post by tomOzarkVideo » Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:05 pm

Canoe_Codger wrote:Hopefully the field is properly posted per Arkansas tresspass law (see statutes for requirements).
Michael
Signage is current and maintained on the road side. River side hasn't been marked since the land was purchased from the :myday" dude that used to shoot at people. That may change soon, but only for a little while.

I would like to give this situation some context. This land was purchased and donated to the community in the interest of paddlers. Before the cold of winter sets in, there will be an experience that rivals San Marcos, Buena Vista and Rockport waiting to be filled with play boats, canoes and boards alike. While loosing some of the solitude, this will be an amazing asset to our paddling community in the region. Throw-downs, demo days, contests, boat ball and the ability for our NWA locals to have a consistent set of features to work on some real freestyle skills.

In the meantime, anticipate some MAJOR headaches around the area and yes, in the river to begin soon. I can't give anymore information than: TRUST ME... It will be worth it.

Currently, the city is having some problems with underage drinking, vandalism, kids getting hurt.. etc. Hence, the "man" lurking about.

Of course, the thought of messing with the river and the many conversations that we have had about this come to mind. I learned most of my skills at the ford. It's where I "grew up".. No matter what, it's better than being shot at for surfing a wave.. Ah.. The good 'ol days. :twocents:
"My favorite rapid was Boogie Water" - kru

Social Media