Arkansas bonfires...need to step it up!

Open Discussion

okc-horton

Arkansas bonfires...need to step it up!

Post by okc-horton » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:55 pm

I've learned a lot from my friends in Arkansas about bonfires. But after reading this article,I realize you guys got your work cut out for you.
You can't control the waves, but you can learn to surf!
Matthew Woodson

okieboater
Name: David L. Reid

Re: Arkansas bonfires...need to step it up!

Post by okieboater » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:01 pm

Matt,

Give Orville Wright access to as many old RR ties as he wants,
and
I will bet money he will build a bon fire that makes these Norwegians look like amateurs!

I remember one winter weekend at the upper back camp ground at Richland Creek, when Orville and buds showed up to camp with us after a Upper Richland run. This was a long time ago when we were doing things not allowed these days.

The Tulsa crew put up tents and were building a big camp fire as it was spitting snow, sleet and rain.

Orville's crew looked at our fire and laughed. They took off with a chain saw and came back with a truck bed over load of wood including some RR ties.

Orville set the fire up and I have witnesses who will attest to this, that fire was so massive we were setting many feet back due to over heating with the fire drying out the snow, sleet and rain drops before they could hit inside the fire circle. Freezing weather a few feet away and we were down to tee shirts setting on dry ground inside the heat circle.
Okieboater AKA Dave Reid

We are not sure when childhood ends and adulthood begins.

We are sure that when retirement begins, childhood restarts

Social Media