WTT: Mohawk Rodeo for creek boat (kayak) Traded!

Post paddling related items for sale here or items you are looking for.
Commercial Members feel free to post your sale items here as well.

Wavesport4
Name: Ryan Serfass

WTT: Mohawk Rodeo for creek boat (kayak) Traded!

Post by Wavesport4 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:12 pm

Looking to trade a used purple Mohawk Rodeo for a used creek boat. Bought the canoe over the summer and it is too small/manueverable for my skill set. It is well used but normal wear and tear, outfitted minus the float bags. Looking to trade for a newer model creek boat that's been used and can fit a 6'1" 185lb. guy. Also if interested in just buying the canoe, price is $450. Will post pics soon but let me know if you are interested.
Last edited by Wavesport4 on Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shep
Name: Paul Shepherd

Re: WTT: Mohawk Rodeo for creek boat (kayak)

Post by Shep » Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:23 am

The Rodeo has a small but dedicated following in the WW open boat world. You might get some takers on http://www.cboats.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; if ACC doesn't pan out. There might even be some people there with C1 conversions interested in a trade to get you back into a creeker, either K1 or C1.

Unfortunately, I'm up to my ears in boats at the moment, but I'd love to take it for a spin sometime, just to see what it's like. :) Also, the kayak->canoe transition is not a simple one, but I think it can be rewarding to have both sets of skills. If you want to go out some time and work on C-boating strokes, I'd be more than happy to help.

Thanks,
Shep
Paul Shepherd

"Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats (said the water rat solemnly)." - Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows

Wavesport4
Name: Ryan Serfass

Post by Wavesport4 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:07 am

Thanks Paul! I definitely enjoy open boating, just need a boat that's a little more forgiving. Something like an outrage. I'll bring it to the Jones Center sessions, I won't be paddling the rodeo in this weather without a full drysuit!

mattjank

Post by mattjank » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:51 am

I'm interested in trading, have a gently used Liquid Logic Jefe. Sent you a PM

Social Media