Buffalo trip March 25 27?

Recreational and touring boaters
AR-Nimrod
Name: Chris Crawford

Re: Buffalo trip March 25 27?

Post by AR-Nimrod » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:45 am

trip just got expensive. we are in flippin with a cracked radiator. tryin to arrange for a rental. repair guy can get us back to bp if we cant get a rental. truck will be ready sat. may have to bum ride for shuttle
Chris Crawford

Some people don't know, what they don't know.....

Minna Ulmer
Name: minna ulmer

Post by Minna Ulmer » Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:35 pm

Im out. Got called in to work today. Too far to drive w/o a long wkend off :( Minna

Eric Esche
Name: Eric Esche

Post by Eric Esche » Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:51 pm

Sorry to back out, but in too much pain from knee, neck, and foot today to consider loading, driving over early, paddleing all day in 40's, then camping out in same and rain tomorrow. Already in a sleep deficit hole.

Good news is that doctor says my right foot is not broken per the Xrays. Took a gainer recently on circular stairs from the top when knee went out with arms full of campng gear going to the basement. Just going to be sore for a few weeks while it heals.

Hope your trip goes well and that the weather is better than forecast.

Eric

Paddlegal
Name: paddlegal

Post by Paddlegal » Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:49 pm

I've been watching ur plans ppls and it all looked so good! But now, 3:47 p.m. friday, NOAA forecast is for rain likely and 40 degrees at night.

:poke: Ole Mudder Nature is at it again! lolz

Good luck wid dat family stuff Jan, hope to paddle with ya'll again real soon!!
I've felt the touch of healing hands, neath the willow trees and birch, cause the water's my religion, and the river is my church. Kenny

Wildwood
Name: Jan Johnson

Post by Wildwood » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:12 pm

:poke: :poke: Is anybody left who is going???????????

I'm still gonna be under the Hwy 14 bridge tomorrow morning about 9:30, just to see if anyone actually made it.
Jan Johnson

"Life shouldn't be a journey to the grave intending to arrive safely in an attractive, well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a paddle in your hands, body totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

AR-Nimrod
Name: Chris Crawford

Post by AR-Nimrod » Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:53 pm

We were actually under the Hwy. 14 bridge at 9:30. Not that we had ANY intention of paddling. We were there to inform anyone else who showed that we were also bailing. We were going to offer shuttle service for any that were crazy enough to put in. But at 9:45 no one else was there so we went back to camp. I guess we get the last man standing award for this trip. Meeting Mikki and Darla was the highlight of this trip. Great visiting with y'all around the campfire. Maybe next time we will actually get to paddle together.
Chris Crawford

Some people don't know, what they don't know.....

Wildwood
Name: Jan Johnson

Post by Wildwood » Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:59 pm

Hardcore! I'm glad y'all met up with the right guy in Flippin.
You guys who made it to BP deserve a medal. The River Gods were sure out to get us this weekend!

I'm hoping we can take a "Tax Break" float April 15, 16, 17. On the Buffy, of course. Something to think (dream?) about . . .

Jan
Jan Johnson

"Life shouldn't be a journey to the grave intending to arrive safely in an attractive, well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a paddle in your hands, body totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Jamie2031
Name: Jamie

Post by Jamie2031 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:08 am

I am new to this forum, but I was actually camping at Buffalo Point this weekend. We were in a pop-up in the B area. It was C-O-L-D!!!! I do want to bring float it sometime though. We just bought yaks last year so we are newbies.

prophet
Name: Grant Nally

Post by prophet » Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:26 am

just saw this, we floated Erbie to Carver on Thurs-Sunday. great camping weather, the wind kept the bugs down :mrgreen:

Social Media