Any good places in branson to kayak

Open Discussion
RussellPresley
Name: Russell Presley

Re: Any good places in branson to kayak

Post by RussellPresley » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:31 am

Here is a kml site also.

http://www.earthpoint.us/ExcelToKml.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

elduderino

Post by elduderino » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:03 pm

On a related note, how would we get a chapter of the ACC here in Missouri, like the ArkLaTx chapters?

Sparky
Name: Brent Glover

Post by Sparky » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:59 pm

ACC chapter in Southern Missouri, interesting proposal. As a member of both ACC and OMP I would recommend supporting the two clubs. I was active in Ozark Mountain Paddlers for a number of years in the past. I've belonged to OMP for well over 20 years and believe it to still be a viable paddling club. I joined ACC when we bought a cabin in the Pruitt area of the Beautiful Buffalo. Several years back OMP had a nice message board running,but unfortunately when they redsigned their new web site alot of information was discarded and the new message board isn't what it used to be. So, here we Northerners are squatting on the ACC board. Exceptional message board.

That being said, maybe we of the north sould get our creek info on the ACC creek summary. Our creeks rarely rate class III except in low flood, but with Bear (AR), Swan, Cane, Roark, and Bull creeks, I've always found the surfing a little better up north and the difficulty higher down south. Alot of the time MO is running when AR is not and vice versa.

So, that being said please suppprt your local paddling clubs. I can't tell you how many friendly paddlers I've met on the road over the years by simply displaying club stickers on my vehicles and boats. Please excuse my long winded disertation.

Brent

DanMo
Name: Dan

Post by DanMo » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:29 am

Bull creek is at a decent medium low level, I am going to go there after my last final exam today. Will run the round mountain to walnut shade section, or if it is getting late will park and play. (417)350-414six, if anyone wants to join me. If not I will shuttle with my bike. If I don't answer I am probably taking a test so leave a message. I will make some calls and try to round up a group or at least one other person to share shuttle.

Thanks
Dan

Social Media