Colorado for the 4th!

Open Discussion
Fish

Colorado for the 4th!

Post by Fish » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:30 pm

Anyone want to go? I'm off work July 2-5, and driving out there Wed PM. Should be some good water in the Ark, Bailey's, etc. Head for the mountains...

... Fish

justin.payne

Re: Colorado for the 4th!

Post by justin.payne » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:05 am

Fish I will be heading that way on the 2nd as well. But I wont be coming back till the 6th. Give me a call if you want some more details. 870.715.0648

kayakmamma
Name: Lorraine McPhee

Post by kayakmamma » Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:49 am

The fireworks display in Gunnison is fantastic.
Lorraine McPhee

"Catch every eddy, Surf every wave"

Fish

Post by Fish » Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:37 pm

Maybe catch you out there Justin. Where are you gonna be boating? Team Stupid is keeping options open. :)

Ryan Center
Name: ozarkpaddler

Post by Ryan Center » Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:04 pm

If we run Bailey's this trip, I'm walking around First Falls this time since Rob won't be there with a rope!

JohnB

Post by JohnB » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:05 am

We just got back and the Ark is thumpin'. We thought it had peaked Monday, but they've had an unusual amount of rain and the Arkansas was running big and muddy as we left Saturday morning.
Enjoy!

LOREN
Name: Loren

Post by LOREN » Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:45 pm

Just got back this past weekend. Didn't run a single section under 2200. And the Royal Gorge was over 3000 the day we left. There was still a little snow in the mountains. Clear Creek of the Ark is a must if it is there.

Drew J.

Post by Drew J. » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:55 am

Fish, I lost your email somehow. Figured I could still find you around the ACC page.

Let me know when you know where you're heading.

I've got Thurs-Sunday off. Was planning on sticking around the front range but I'd venture out for the opportunity to paddle with Team Stupid.

Your timing is impeccable, we've just had our big peak and the rivers are running great. Bailey is a little low but doable. Black Rock is a bit high, but anything else on Clear Creek would be great. CCARK is flowing med-low. Poudre is just below 4ft now. Boulder Creek is in, but Big Tommy is out. Slaugherhouse is perfect.

Fish

Post by Fish » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:41 pm

Hey Drew! We're looking forward to hitting some great water out there. I think we'll start on the Ark on Thurs probably...? Not sure tho. Maybe try to do Royal Gorge Thurs AM and then drive up for an afternoon on Numbers/Clear Cr. Ark afternoon... Then, I would LOVE to hit Roaring Fork and Castle on Friday - one of my favorite places. Saturday either Bailey (if there's enough H2O) or Clear Cr. Denver.

Or we might do that agenda in reverse. Clear Cr. Denver, RF/Castle, Numbers,Clear Cr Ark/Royal Gorge... It's pretty much the same idea, but that would put us in Salida on the 4th - a big plus. The only reason I'd start at the Ark and work toward Denver is to put Bailey last - we usually don't want to start out on it.

Just a thought. Don't think we'll make it to the Poudre this year because we're wanting to visit Salida at some point. I will miss it though...

Let me know what you want to boat with us and we can adjust schedule appropriately.

Drew J.

Post by Drew J. » Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:01 pm

Fish, got your email, sounds good.

Probably a good idea to skip the Poudre. It is a little out of the way and most of the upper runs (Joe Wright, Spencer, Big South, Narrows) are too high for most folks.

Castle/Slaughter on Friday sounds good. Maybe we could hit it in the AM then jump over Indy pass and nail CCARK as it comes back up in the PM.

I'd probably head back to FoCo after that, I've got to get a few more training runs in on the raft before we head out for the MF Salmon.

Fish

Post by Fish » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:21 am

We'll plan on meeting you at the Castle/Slaughter run on Friday. Will be good to boat with you again.

justin.payne

Post by justin.payne » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:23 pm

Fish, we are planning on hitting the play park in golden on Thurs. evening, then heading to the Poudre on Friday. Spend most of the day making laps on the upper and lower Mishawaka. Saturday will prob be Arkansas...browns canyon and the royal gorge. Sunday we are planning numbers.

Drew J.

Post by Drew J. » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:39 pm

Good times on Dumont section of Clear Creek today...great to paddle with you guys again. Have fun on the Roaring Fork.

Justin, if you are still heading up to the Poudre let me know, I'm planing on hitting it sometime tomorrow but I have to be back in town by 3ish.

Drew
drew_judkins@hotmail.com

Ryan Center
Name: ozarkpaddler

Post by Ryan Center » Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:06 pm

Well, survived a great few days in CO. Thanks Fish and Dave for a excelent trip. Now, I can't wait to get home.

Drew J.

Post by Drew J. » Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:30 pm

Great paddling with you fellas. I'd like to hear how the rest of the trip went. If any other Arkansans are heading out to Colorado give me a shout!

Drew
drew_judkins@hotmail.com

Social Media