Caddo River Saturday Mar. 3

Organize your paddling trips here, or find out about upcoming trips you may want to join

AR-Nimrod
Name: Chris Crawford

Caddo River Saturday Mar. 3

Post by AR-Nimrod » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:54 pm

Jim K. and Clan Crawford (Andy and myself) are planning to paddle the Caddo on Sat. Mar. 3rd. Meet under the bridge in Glenwood 11:00 to set shuttle and firm up the starting point (Narrows or Swinging Bridge). Level should be 6-7' right in the sweet spot. Anyone interested? Chime in. Will post on FB too.
Chris Crawford

Some people don't know, what they don't know.....

Jim Krueger

Re: Caddo River Saturday Mar. 3

Post by Jim Krueger » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:19 pm

Thanks for posting the trip Chris!
I will look forward to seeing you all in the morning.

Jim

Jim Krueger

Re: Caddo River Saturday Mar. 3

Post by Jim Krueger » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:19 pm

Trip Report;

Chris and Andy, and myself paddled the Caddo today from 'The swinging Bridge' at Caddo gap to Glenwood (9.5miles). The USGS level was in the 6.40ft. range at put-in time, but with the sustained run-off from past days rainfall, the river was running more like an upper six-foot range, we had river-wide choices on routes, and many nice wave trains of two and three feet in height, and approaching a four foot crest going over the pipe just before the Glenwood bridge. It was so nice, and not a cloud in the sky. We encountered no rental traffic today, just two other groups of two couples each in their own boats who looked like they were having an equally nice time. No major hazards to report, although there are a couple of trees that may present some problems when the river falls some and the passages get a bit tighter.
When we parted company this afternoon, Chris and Andy headed to 'Rocky Mountain Grill' in downtown Pearcy for supper, and I headed to 'McClards Bar-B-Que' in Hot Springs to pick up some to-go- orders for Miss Marlo and I. What a big Feast Day today, it was just lovely, thanks for posting the trip Chris!

Best Regards
Jim

Social Media