Spring rivers

Organize your paddling trips here, or find out about upcoming trips you may want to join

Peterj
Name: Peter Rechtfertig

Spring rivers

Post by Peterj » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:24 am

I am an experienced ww paddler, solo and tandem canoe. My wife and I have paddled the Ponca stretch of the Buffalo and enjoyed its scenery and challenges. I see the Buffalo has water now and I am evaluating the logistics of getting in on the spring paddling in northwest Arkansas. There are two big hurdles to overcome. One is distance. We live in Wisconsin. The other is finding a group to join for safety sake. Are some of your club members paddling in groups now and how can we qualify to join?
Thank you

Deuce
ACC President
Name: Luke Coop

Re: Spring rivers

Post by Deuce » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:08 am

Hi Peter. Strictly speaking we don't have any organized groups other than the club itself which comprises many hundreds of members in several states. I'd suggest checking in here and more importantly our FB page any time you're considering heading to the Buff (or any body of water in Arkansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas or Louisiana). I encourage you to go ahead and ask to join our FB group now so you can introduce yourself and be ready to post when the time comes. You're welcome to post your own trip or simply look for other upcoming trips and express an interest in joining. Advance notice could be anything from three weeks to three hours with the typical turnaround time being somewhere in between. You'll be welcome on any trip that doesn't exceed your abilities, and even if it doesn't work out for you to join the trip you might be able to coordinate shuttle. Hope to SYOTR some time!
You come too.
Robert Frost

Social Media