Siloam Spring WW park

Open Discussion

paddledog

Siloam Spring WW park

Post by paddledog » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:18 pm

The City of Siloam Springs is starting on the clean up of the WW park. They have asked for some help with the in water portion of the work. I will at the park at 11 tomorrow morning, If there is anyone who can help I could use a hand. This will involve getting in the water to help attach straps for the moving and replacement of the stones in the second wave. Gravel and trash clean up will continue all week and they hope to have the park open by the weekend or first of next week. Thanks
Fighting for peace........
Isn't that like screaming for quiet?

http://www.Paddledog.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

paddledog

Re: Siloam Spring WW park

Post by paddledog » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:07 pm

So the stone has been removed from the second wave. Thanks to Mike Hillis and Shannon Parsons for the help today. Park will be open soon. Stay tuned for details.....

paddledog

Post by paddledog » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:08 pm

Upper wave is surfable. Lower wave is a v wave with strong current coming in from surfers left. Steve is working on the permits to lower the water and move more rocks around to divert the flow better to fix the lower wave. No word yet on when park will be "open" again. Head park guy was running off local tubers yesterday.

Granted they were working on the gravel bar with an excavator is why I think he was running the tubers off. Also, they parked outside but walked through the park to get to the river. I don't think they would have any trouble with a paddler parking outside the gate and walking the edge of the road to access the river. If anyone has trouble with this access, let me know and I will get it straightened out. On a good note, Tuber free surfing......

Flapjack
River Valley Chapter President

Post by Flapjack » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:13 am

We were at the park sunday , guessing it was about 550 0r so, top wave glassie hard to stay on. Nothing at bottom feature. diaginal wave coming off river right. This feature will be very bad for swimmers without pfds, as it has strong whirpools on river left eddyline and very strong current. If out keep eye out for the safty of the tubers. RV Prez Dennis
Livestrong

Social Media