Kudos to the ACC

Open Discussion

Brad Wimberly
Name: Brad Wimberly

Kudos to the ACC

Post by Brad Wimberly » Mon May 09, 2016 10:43 am

As owner / manager / janitor of Turner Bend I have hosted the Arkansas Canoe Club School of Whitewater Paddling for 36 straight years. I am long overdue to express my gratitude to the ACC as a whole for choosing The Mulberry River and Turner Bend for this event. Turner Bend would likely be too small to host the ACC if everyone were not so organized and congenial that weekend. ACC folks never trash the restrooms and always leave the campground clean. Believe me this is very much appreciated. The Mulberry benefits from your presence too. One year ACC members saved the life of one of our renters who got stuck on a root ball. Lots of Mulberry regulars have taken "Canoe School" which has made for a core group of knowledgeable paddlers on the river to help out the less experienced. Hosting the ACC is always good for our struggling little business too. I could go on and on but will end by saying that I think the ACC is great and I am very proud to host "Canoe School" each year. Long live the ACC!

CSH
ACC Member at Large
Name: Chris Handley

Re: Kudos to the ACC

Post by CSH » Mon May 09, 2016 11:04 am

Brad,

thank you so much for your kind words. And, more importantly thank you for being such a gracious host for so many year.

Chris
Chris Handley

Gordon Kumpuris
ACC Communications

Post by Gordon Kumpuris » Mon May 09, 2016 1:51 pm

Hi Brad. Would you mind us posting this to our Facebook page?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Skoboten!

Walter Felton
ACC Member at Large

Post by Walter Felton » Tue May 10, 2016 7:17 am

Hey Brad: Thanks for your comments about the ACC and the Canoe School. You and Turner Bend are an integral part of that school being a success every year. We know that the sheer size of our group presents some special challenges to both your operation and the river resource as well. The ladies in the store do a great job of managing the sometimes overwhelming crowd and the river guys never seem to mind that sometimes we take a little too long getting our boats out of the way at the take out. It is nice to have a host that is glad to see us every year. We look forward to spending the weekend at Turner Bend again next year.

Walter

Social Media