Looking to paddle April 23 or 24

Organize your paddling trips here, or find out about upcoming trips you may want to join

dbarron
Name: Doug

Looking to paddle April 23 or 24

Post by dbarron » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:06 pm

I'm looking to find some folks to paddle with this weekend, April 23 or 24. Anything class 3-4 sounds good to me. I recently moved to Russellville, and would love to find some local boaters. Willing to travel as far as the Cossatot (up to 2.5 hours), though also open to closer trips. Let me know if you are headed out and would be open to me joining you!
-Doug

Lupe
Name: Heather Huckeba

Re: Looking to paddle April 23 or 24

Post by Lupe » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:40 am

It's looking like the Cossatot will be the place to be this weekend. It's peaked but even without more rain it should be close to 4ft on Saturday and still there on Sunday as well. There will be LOTS of folks there. Many (myself included) will spend the night in the area to get two awesome days of boating without the long drives back and forth. There's camping and some cabin options in the area.

I don't have meeting times yet but groups will be coming together. We'll probably do the longer trip from Ed Banks to the Visitor Center so we'll likely meet Saturday am at the Visitor Center/down at the river by the Visitor Center Saturday am to set shuttle. I can post back when we settle on a meet time. But if you just show up at the Falls anytime this weekend I have little doubt you can find some new buddies to paddle with if you are already a comfortable class III+ boater!

Cheers,
Heather aka Lupe
I've heard that into every life a little of it must fall,
but you'll never catch me complaining about too much of that southern rain.
~ Michael Timmins, Cowboy Junkies

David C
Name: David Cooke

Post by David C » Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:56 pm

What's your schedule like? I'm also in Russellville and somewhat new to town. I can usually get off by two on the weekdays and the wife and I do local runs pretty often when it's flowing. We're both doing a few class 3's. The most popular local float to meet local paddlers is putting in at Helton's farm on the Piney. I'll send you a PM when we get more water.

David
501-472- zero7sixfour

dbarron

Post by dbarron » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:22 pm

Thanks for the responses David and Lupe!

Lupe - getting on the Cossatot this weekend sounds great. I saw your separate post about being there Saturday - are you still planning to stay and also paddle Sunday? Haven't decided completely on my schedule yet, but will make sure to join up for at least one day.

David - my schedule is generally really flexible. Most days I am also done by 2, and after next week I will have the majority of the summer off work. I would be down to run Helton's or anything else if we get some local water. Just PM me or call me at 479-970-four5six9.

Lupe
Name: Heather Huckeba

Post by Lupe » Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:04 pm

Yup, we plan to do the same trip again on Sunday - also meeting 10:30 at the takeout below the visitor center. Let me know if you need more precise directions!
I've heard that into every life a little of it must fall,
but you'll never catch me complaining about too much of that southern rain.
~ Michael Timmins, Cowboy Junkies

riptide
Name: Erik Smith

Post by riptide » Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:32 pm

Doug, I live in Russellville if you want to ride along with me or I will chip in for gas, buy lunch or beer?
Erik @ 479-214-0994. Text me if you are interested, I am only going Sunday :kayak:
You don't quit playing because you get old, you get old because you quit playing!

dbarron

Post by dbarron » Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:01 am

All sounds great - should be a perfect weekend to get on the water! I think I will head down tomorrow am to paddle with Lupe and all the other folks there, then camp and take advantage of the chance to boat on Sunday too.

Erik - I'll see you on Sunday. Just meet us at the takeout at 1030. Call if you have any issues.

Social Media