Update on Dave Holl / Kayak Instruction in Rowlett

Open Discussion

MissEllie
Name: Ellanorah Wilson

Update on Dave Holl / Kayak Instruction in Rowlett

Post by MissEllie » Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:11 pm

For those that know Dave Holl & Kayak Instruction in Rowlett Texas here is an update.

The facility was destroyed. Dave & the pups made it without a scratch but were at home when the tornado hit. Not anything left of the home but a few partial walls.

Kayaks were "gone with the wind" and are being recovered from several miles away. See the Kayak Instruction Facebook page for photos. 100s of paddles are also MIA.

Many kayaks were not damaged at all or were only scuffed up. There will be a HUGE scratch & dent sale - everything will be sold. Plans are still in the works - trying to get it set. Will be in a few days.

A wave of volunteers came in and did more work than we could have imagined. There is still the sale to do but things are looking much better.

Kayak Instruction is still in business and Dave will continue to offer classes, rentals & sales - he is not out of business.

If you have any questions or live in the area check the Facebook page, call Dave or your can contact me 501-247-5935.

Thanks,
Miss Ellie :kayak:
501-247-5935

okieboater
Name: David L. Reid

Re: Update on Dave Holl / Kayak Instruction in Rowlett

Post by okieboater » Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:12 pm

Sad to hear this but glad Dave Holl and staff are ok.

Dave Holl is a neat gent to deal with. I purchased a kayak from him and he volunteered to meet me at a mutual location to reduce shipping costs to zero. Great customer service. I hope he gets things back in shape.
Okieboater AKA Dave Reid

We are not sure when childhood ends and adulthood begins.

We are sure that when retirement begins, childhood restarts

MissEllie

Post by MissEllie » Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:48 pm

No longer need folks for Saturday & Sunday.

Ellie :kayak:
501-247-5935

MissEllie

Post by MissEllie » Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:29 pm

Additional Update:

The week long kayak sale got Dave down from 450 kayaks to around 80. He is putting the rest of the kayaks in storage and will have another sale later in the spring.

He is focused on rebuilding and getting new inventory in for the spring. He will still be doing classes, rentals, fleet sales, individual sales, etc.

Anytime you are in the Dallas area swing by and see what he has - he always has good deals on kayaks and gear.

His web site is: http://www.KayakInstruct.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Miss Ellie :kayak:

Social Media