Instructors needed for morning of HTTD #3

Open Discussion

tracer
Name: Tracy

Instructors needed for morning of HTTD #3

Post by tracer » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:48 pm

The Northwest chapter is going to be doing an introduction to kayaking day, from 10am-2pm down at SSKP the morning of August 15.
We are looking for all instructors, level 1 and up, for this event. We will have outfitters there with boats and gear available for people. We will have a couple "greeters" to go up and get people's interest in kayaking. From there we will have a couple people taking them over to pick out the boat they want to try. This is where we need ACA certifies instructors. We will pair them with an instructor to go over a 10-15 minute skills course on basic paddling maneuvers. If the instructor and the participant feel comfortable, we will go ahead and let them go through the features. We will also have some people with ropes and people in boats set for safety.
We will be talking to each person as well about the ACC and the HTTD that will be occurring that afternoon, and this should bring in not only extra spectators, but lots of potential new members to our club.
As the saying goes."the more the merrier"!
Please just reply here if you think you will be able to help out for this event. Thank you for all that each of you do.

Schildwache
Name: Richard Dees

Re: Instructors needed for morning of HTTD #3

Post by Schildwache » Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:35 pm

I can help out. Whatever you need.
"...play skilfully, and shout for joy." (Psalm 33:3 NIV)
"I hope I die before I become incurious or hostile to new delights" - Philip Martin

Social Media