Women's Summit at ACC Winter Board Meeting!

Open Discussion

Lupe
Name: Heather Huckeba

Women's Summit at ACC Winter Board Meeting!

Post by Lupe » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:58 pm

Okay, maybe "summit" sounds a bit grandiose, but we are planning a time slot during the Winter Board Meeting Weekend (Feb 21-23) to have a round table discussion with women paddlers. We want to brainstorm how to encourage women paddlers in and around the state, and discuss ideas for 2015 and beyond. Should we have more women's classes at WW School and School of Moving Water (formerly Rec School)? Should we have separate women's clinics or some ladies trips? Maybe we just need to form more connections between our women paddlers for support and inspiration!

We will settle on the day/time for the summit as we get closer to the weekend and depending on the interest and availability of participants (plus we don't want to schedule anything that could get in the way of any possible paddling that weekend!). So possible times might be late Saturday afternoon before the pot luck dinner, or perhaps Sunday morning after breakfast.

Ladies - if you're interested, please either post or email me at membership "at" arkansascanoeclub "dot" com* so I can try to set the meeting time best for the most people. Please spread the word.

* I had to edit the email addy as I started getting hit by the spam bots.

Thanks,
Heather aka Lupe

PS - go here: http://forums.arkansascanoeclub.com/vie ... =1&t=27069 for details for the weekend, and be sure to RSVP to reserve your spot in the lodge if you want to spend the weekend (Fri or Saturday evening).
I've heard that into every life a little of it must fall,
but you'll never catch me complaining about too much of that southern rain.
~ Michael Timmins, Cowboy Junkies

Liz Caldwell

Re: Women's Summit at ACC Winter Board Meeting!

Post by Liz Caldwell » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:56 pm

Thanks, Heather!
Liz

Paddlinggoddess2015
Name: Sabrina Mellor

Re: Women's Summit at ACC Winter Board Meeting!

Post by Paddlinggoddess2015 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:08 pm

Will be there for that. I found out east that I never had a bad day paddling with the girls. I think this is great.

Social Media