ACC Winter Board Meeting Feb. 21, 2015

Open Discussion
Liz Caldwell

ACC Winter Board Meeting Feb. 21, 2015

Post by Liz Caldwell » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:25 pm

Hi Folks,

The ACC winter board meeting and weekend activities will be held again this year at Lake Fort Smith State Park.

Once again we have secured the Kingfisher Lodge for Friday afternoon Feb. 20 through Sunday morning Feb. 22.

There are rooms available in the lodge for only $20 per adult for the weekend. This includes indoor accommodations in the lodge (you must bring your own linens) Friday night cookout and breakfast Saturday and Sunday mornings. Tent camping is available in the park as well.

The winter board meeting is a chance to catch up with old friends, swap paddling stories, and hopefully find water close by to paddle. The park is close to Frog Bayou and less than an hour from the Mulberry River. It is also about an hour away from the Siloam Springs Kayak Park.

We will be doing final planning for our two paddling schools – School of Whitewater Padding and School of River Paddling – as well as addressing other important club matters including conservation issues, chapter projects, membership drives and other things the ACC has a hand in.

Saturday night will begin with a potluck at 6 p.m., followed by the Board meeting.

Here is the park website. Contact me by email (not the park!) for any questions concerning the lodge etc. My email: lizcaldwell2000@yahoo.com

SCHEDULE
Friday, Feb. 20
Arrive any time after 4 p.m.
Cookout with hot dogs and hamburgers at 6:30 p.m.

Saturday, Feb. 21
Breakfast starts around 7 a.m.
Family-friendly hikes to be scheduled
Paddling if water is available
Potluck starts at 6 p.m.
Board meeting starts at 7 p.m.

Sunday, Feb. 22
Breakfast starts around 7:30 a.m. with clean-up following, and then leave by 10 a.m.

Cost: $20 per person total (same price whether staying one or both nights) No charge for children under age 18. Rooms are limited, first come, first served. If coming alone, you may get to share a room depending on attendance.

RSVP to my email (no PM's): lizcaldwell2000@yahoo.com
Liz

tracer
Name: Tracy

Re: ACC Winter Board Meeting Feb. 21, 2015

Post by tracer » Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:43 pm

I am going to ask that people bring a main dish for the pot luck please. :thumbup:

Lupe
Name: Heather Huckeba

Post by Lupe » Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:04 pm

I'll bring a ham, and probably a ham-related side dish. :D

Ladies - please see my separate thread about a Women's Summit we will be hosting during this weekend for women paddlers!!! Woot!
I've heard that into every life a little of it must fall,
but you'll never catch me complaining about too much of that southern rain.
~ Michael Timmins, Cowboy Junkies

Alia
Name: Alia

Post by Alia » Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:09 am

This may be a silly question, but is the logs open to all ACC members of just those on the board?

Lupe
Name: Heather Huckeba

Post by Lupe » Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:27 am

Not a silly question...

The whole weekend (including the lodge) is open to all ACC Members and we LOVE to have club members come. Only Board Members have to go to take care of club business, but it helps the whole community when we have more input from as many members as possible! And coming out to a few of these board meetings is a good way to learn about what it takes to keep the club and our many annual events running, and perhaps inspire a few to consider getting more involved! (we eventually will burn out the current board members and we will need reinforcements to take up the reins!!!)
I've heard that into every life a little of it must fall,
but you'll never catch me complaining about too much of that southern rain.
~ Michael Timmins, Cowboy Junkies

kayakmamma
Name: Lorraine McPhee

Post by kayakmamma » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:46 am

McPhee's will be there! The winter board meeting is always informative and a great time. Thanks Liz and all :D
Lorraine McPhee

"Catch every eddy, Surf every wave"

Deuce
ACC President
Name: Luke Coop

Post by Deuce » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:29 am

Alia wrote:This may be a silly question, but is the logs open to all ACC members of just those on the board?
Y'all should come. It's a lot of fun. Outdoor activities (paddling, hiking, etc.) during the day and indoor activities (cards, etc. in front of the fire) at night. If we stay up late enough you'll get to see Cyndy Eubanks yell at me over cards and other stuff. :angel:
You come too.
Robert Frost

Tim Eubanks

Post by Tim Eubanks » Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:58 am

[
Y'all should come. It's a lot of fun. Outdoor activities (paddling, hiking, etc.) during the day and indoor activities (cards, etc. in front of the fire) at night. If we stay up late enough you'll get to see Cyndy Eubanks yell at me over cards and other stuff. :angel:[/quote]

To be fair, you deserved to be yelled at as I recollect. :NoNo: And "yelled" is such a strong term, how about "repremanded"?

Deuce
ACC President

Post by Deuce » Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:28 am

Tim Eubanks wrote:[
Y'all should come. It's a lot of fun. Outdoor activities (paddling, hiking, etc.) during the day and indoor activities (cards, etc. in front of the fire) at night. If we stay up late enough you'll get to see Cyndy Eubanks yell at me over cards and other stuff. :angel:
To be fair, you deserved to be yelled at as I recollect. :NoNo: And "yelled" is such a strong term, how about "repremanded"?[/quote]

Quite so, Timothy. She was right to do it.
You come too.
Robert Frost

Tim Eubanks

Post by Tim Eubanks » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:16 pm

Highjacking of Liz's thread successully carried out. Well done. See all ya'll at the meeting.

Deuce
ACC President

Post by Deuce » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:50 pm

Tim Eubanks wrote:Highjacking of Liz's thread successully carried out. Well done. See all ya'll at the meeting.
She'll likely yell at me too. :whistle:
You come too.
Robert Frost

Liz Caldwell

Post by Liz Caldwell » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:52 am

Nearly a full house. Taking names for a waiting list, so if you're still interested in staying at the lodge let me know.
lizcaldwell2000@yahoo.com
Liz

kru1
Name: Kristian

Post by kru1 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:31 pm

I was tapped to find someone from the NW chapter to lead a hike on Saturday morning. If there is not any water flowing, I will take those reigns unless someone from our chapter wants to.

However, I thought the NWA has more to offer then hiking, so I talked to one of our members today to see if he would be interested in leading a mountain bike excursion on Sat morning. He thought that was a good idea, but wanted to know if anyone would participate. Would anyone be interested in mountain biking on Saturday morning if there is no flow? I don't want to ask him to lead a group and nobody show up. Post up if interested.

kru
I say, and I intend it emphatically, let the river be.
Thomas Hart Benton, on the Buffalo River

Tim Eubanks

Post by Tim Eubanks » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:16 am

I would be interested in the mountain bike excusion if there is no water to paddle. Seems like the trail was being built last year. ?
kru1 wrote:I was tapped to find someone from the NW chapter to lead a hike on Saturday morning. If there is not any water flowing, I will take those reigns unless someone from our chapter wants to.

However, I thought the NWA has more to offer then hiking, so I talked to one of our members today to see if he would be interested in leading a mountain bike excursion on Sat morning. He thought that was a good idea, but wanted to know if anyone would participate. Would anyone be interested in mountain biking on Saturday morning if there is no flow? I don't want to ask him to lead a group and nobody show up. Post up if interested.

kru

WPC
Name: Diane

Post by WPC » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:20 pm

There will be 3 of us coming from Waco. This will be our first time to attend one of the board meetings. Looking forward to seeing everyone. Diane

Social Media