Benefit for the Kennedy family Aug 16th

Open Discussion
ARzach

Re: Benefit for the Kennedy family Aug 16th

Post by ARzach » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:29 am

Benji wrote: So we had decided that the format for the items would be a raffle however it was suggested to me that given the value of the Yeti cooler and possibly the piece of jewelry from Mcbee's be set aside from the rest for a silent auction. Does this seem fair to everyone?
I think that is totally fair! That will maximize the donation pool as well, I think.

--Z
Smile, summer run-off is coming!!!

Benji
Name: Ben Maguire

Post by Benji » Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:44 pm

So after speaking with a few people that are more experienced in this type of thing, we have decided how this auction is going to work.Any item valued at over $50 will be placed in a live auction that Orville has volunteered to be our auctioneer, he has previous experience doing benefits like this. We figured that this would undoubtedly raise more money for the family which is our ultimate goal here. Please don't be discouraged if any of you don't have a lot of cash to throw around in the auction or will not participate at all. Reason being is that most of the MANY items are going to be valued at less than $50 and your meal will come with an automatic ticket. I'm going to wait until closer to time to list everything because at the rate at which stuff is coming in I would have to post everyday which is silly. I'm sure that the majority of people will make it home with something which is pretty sweet. It's really starting to come together nicely and everyone has shown tremendous support for our cause. I have no doubts about breaking the 1000 dollar mark easily. Again, I hope to see as many of you as possible and I'll get back on here in a couple days and give everyone an update on exactly what's been donated and by whom. Thanks!

tomOzarkVideo
Name: Tom McFetridge

Post by tomOzarkVideo » Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:12 pm

Auction is a solid idea. Thanks for going that direction, and MAJOR THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU for doing such a great thing for Jon's family. :clap:
"My favorite rapid was Boogie Water" - kru

Benji

Post by Benji » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:05 pm

So we have decided to start serving the food at 11 and we will begin the live auction for the items valued at $50+ at 1:30.We will do the raffle for the other items before or after this. So this is what has been donated along with all the items I've listed.

Spoil U Nails-$25 gift card,Mcbride Distributors-Budweiser refrigerator,Ozark Natural Foods-Not sure,Does Eat Place-Gift card,Big Reds-History of Arkansas Football book,Razorback t-shirts,Razorback x-mas cards,Razorback sticker,Razorback hats,Uncle Sams-seal line boundary dry bag and Eco Extreme waterproof speaker,Craigs Hair Care-cut,shampoo and style,$49.99 gift card to By-Pass Liquor.

That's ALOT of stuff folks! Come on out Saturday and get your grub on and let's raise some money for JFK's family. 100% of what we raise will be given to the family and there's no reason why we can't make it a substantial amount.Hope to see you all there!

Benji

Post by Benji » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:40 pm

I would also like to thank the Faucette family for their donation of $250 and also the Ozark Mountains chapter of APA which I am a member for their donation of $100. With what has been donated by the Faucettes,APA, and the collection jars at a couple local businesses we are well over $500 and have yet to sell a plate or auction a single item. What an absolute stellar start, we are going to kick some butt Saturday!

magicmike
Name: Mike

Post by magicmike » Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:41 pm

That was fun! Thanks all!-M-
"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority,it's time to pause and reflect".

Benji

Post by Benji » Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:46 pm

I just wanted to again thank all of the local businesses who donated all the prizes and food! We absolutely exceeded every goal I had for this event and by a bunch at that. Thanks to the several members of the ACC for coming, without you the crowd would have looked pretty thin in there. River Valley Chapter- you guys rock for your surprise donation, that was huge! I would also like to thank Orville for his ideas and role in the auction and the awesome gear he was able to get a hold of. You really took charge out there and without you we would have been in way over our heads! Thank you Kristian for helping out with the auction and thanks to Ryan H for coming out early and helping set up. We really kicked some serious arse yesterday and I was pretty moved by everyone's kindness and generosity. I hope the food was to everyone's liking and thank you again to everyone who came out and made this a great success. Maybe we should make this an annual event every year towards the end of Summer?

Chrissy
Name: Chrissy Dennis

Post by Chrissy » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:45 am

Thanks to everyone who put all their hard work into this (planning the event, gathering donations for the raffle and auction, cooking, etc.) ... and thanks to all who participated. It was a great gathering for an even better cause.
- Chrissy Dennis

sara736
Name: sara

Post by sara736 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:07 am

Can try to make arrangements to meet at Rock Port Melvern, AR the weekend of 8/22 -8/24 if interested
Unlock the key of your success by free-braindumps.net and MICROSOFT .

Social Media