Shuttle on Buffalo

Organize your paddling trips here, or find out about upcoming trips you may want to join

Paddlegal
Name: paddlegal

Shuttle on Buffalo

Post by Paddlegal » Sat May 03, 2014 12:46 pm

Which outfitter would drop me at Maumee South and take my car to Buffalo point? Thinking of a trip this coming week.
I've felt the touch of healing hands, neath the willow trees and birch, cause the water's my religion, and the river is my church. Kenny

Owl

Re: Shuttle on Buffalo

Post by Owl » Sat May 03, 2014 2:11 pm

Below is a link to the outfitters on the Buffalo river from the NPS website. It's organized by upper, middle, and lower river. I'm sure one of the lower river outfitters could help you.

http://www.nps.gov/buff/canoe-rentals.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Paddlegal

Post by Paddlegal » Sat May 03, 2014 3:45 pm

:kayak: TKS!
I've felt the touch of healing hands, neath the willow trees and birch, cause the water's my religion, and the river is my church. Kenny

Richard

Post by Richard » Sat May 03, 2014 11:04 pm

I would call Buffalo River Float Service Phone:(870) 449-2042. Also, I would ask them for advice on which section to float. South Maumee to Buffalo Point would not be my choice because of the hike out at Buffalo Point plus the shuttle may be more expensive.
We are all afflicted with Cognitive Dissonance. The greater our religious, social, financial or political affiliation, the greater the affliction. We hear what we want to hear. We believe what we want to believe. Truth becomes irrelevant.

Paddlegal

Post by Paddlegal » Sun May 04, 2014 8:35 am

Has something happened to the takeout at Buffalo Point? I remember it being a steep gravel beach up to the road around its top. I also know there was a lot of erosion going on up there.

Richard

Post by Richard » Sun May 04, 2014 10:34 am

Last week the road was barricaded so you would have to carry all your stuff up to the main road.
We are all afflicted with Cognitive Dissonance. The greater our religious, social, financial or political affiliation, the greater the affliction. We hear what we want to hear. We believe what we want to believe. Truth becomes irrelevant.

Deuce
ACC President
Name: Luke Coop

Post by Deuce » Sun May 04, 2014 8:59 pm

Second Mr. Richard's advice to use Aaron at BRFS and take out somewhere other than Buffalo Point. I'd suggest Rush.
You come too.
Robert Frost

Paddlegal

Post by Paddlegal » Sun May 04, 2014 9:51 pm

Thank you both. I appreciate your advice and information. The day Richard :confused: can find me some soft rocks to sleep on, I will gravel bar camp with him.

mohawklady
Name: pam ellwood

Post by mohawklady » Sun May 04, 2014 10:53 pm

its called sand, I slept on a pile of it at shine eye beach last saturday, you can push it around to make your own customized sleeping area!!!!

Deuce
ACC President
Name: Luke Coop

Post by Deuce » Mon May 05, 2014 8:09 am

Paddlegal wrote:Thank you both. I appreciate your advice and information. The day Richard :confused: can find me some soft rocks to sleep on, I will gravel bar camp with him.
If you want to come play with us at Rec School I'll pick you up on the way. No sleeping on gravel required. Been too long since I've seen you. :poke2:
You come too.
Robert Frost

Paddlegal

Post by Paddlegal » Mon May 05, 2014 8:22 am

Luke, check your pm's

Wildwood
Name: Jan Johnson

Post by Wildwood » Tue May 06, 2014 3:57 pm

Connie, I plan to float from the Hwy 14 bridge to Rush tomorrow. I did it last week by myself. I use Buffalo River Float Service, too. Leon is the best! He is usually stuck with me...
I hope to put in about 10:00 but could change that a bit. A non-paddler is going with me, to wait at the takeout & read.
Jan Johnson

"Life shouldn't be a journey to the grave intending to arrive safely in an attractive, well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a paddle in your hands, body totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Paddlegal

Post by Paddlegal » Tue May 06, 2014 9:58 pm

Sorry to miss you Jan. Don't have boat, don't have gas money. Get paid next wednesday, keep me in mind.

Social Media