CURRENT RIVER AREA Oct 12 - 17

Recreational and touring boaters
Karla
Name: Karla R.

Re: CURRENT RIVER AREA Oct 12 - 17

Post by Karla » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:52 pm

Gary and I not sure at this point. We will just be getting back from a cruise week before and not knowing my work schedule by then. Money is most likely going toward our cruise. Let you know later. Sure hate to miss it

Karla

Louiscov
Name: Louis Covington

Post by Louiscov » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:19 pm

Karla wrote:Gary and I not sure at this point. We will just be getting back from a cruise week before and not knowing my work schedule by then. Money is most likely going toward our cruise. Let you know later. Sure hate to miss it

Karla
Karla, Gary had told me at Rec School that y'all had the cruise coming in October. Always enjoy paddling with you two, hope the cruise is wonderful & see you when we can.
"There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." Wind In the Willows

"I am haunted by waters." A River Runs Through It

louis covington

Louiscov

Post by Louiscov » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:25 pm

AR-Nimrod wrote:
I am not sure I know what Louis is talking about. :confused: Deuce, you got any idea what Louis is talking about? ;) :whistle:

Although, word on the street, er I mean river, is Deuce and I need our own Safety Boater when paddling together. How DO these rumors get started? :box:
:ROFL: Yep, if ACC ever does a "Top Ten Most Likely To Swim List" I'd be on it myself, although HDH is the undisputed champ!! :poke2:
"There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." Wind In the Willows

louis covington

eac
Name: ed

Post by eac » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:20 pm

I'm coming and Shanon thinks she can come. she needs to come back wednesday, so we should be there for most of it. i really enjoyed it last year. especially the upper end.

eac
Name: ed

Post by eac » Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:38 pm

Louis, do you have a plan. We'll probably be getting into Eminence Friday afternoon; do we just meet at your camp at Pulltite Saturday morning? What time?

Louiscov

Post by Louiscov » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:01 am

Hi Ed:

Saturday Oct 12 we'll meet at Akers Ferry around 8:30 - 9:00 and paddle Baptist Camp to Akers, with take outs at Cedar Grove or Welch Springs for those who want a shorter trip. Soon as I hear from some others I'll post a suggested plan for the entire trip,

louis c

louis covington

Deuce
ACC President
Name: Luke Coop

Post by Deuce » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:59 am

Still don't have my crew or itinerary set in stone, but we plan to start things off right with an overnight float, probably from Cedar Grove to Pultite. We'll likely go straight to Pultite Saturday and set up base camp then head to Cedar Grove to launch and camp on a gravel bar somewhere between the two. May run into some of you at Cedar Grove. Anyone is welcome to join our little overnight party of course. I haven't been above Cedar Grove so I hope to work that in Monday or Tuesday and possibly do a little fishing, but how things shake out depends largely on who joins me. I expect to head back to central Arkansas on Wednesday. I'll post deets as I get em. Getting close. :yahoo:
You come too.
Robert Frost

Louiscov

Post by Louiscov » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:17 pm

Here's the group plan:

Saturday Oct 12 we'll meet at Akers Ferry around 8:30 - 9:00 and paddle Baptist Camp to Akers, with take outs available at Cedar Grove or Welch Springs for those who want a shorter trip. Sunday we'll drive down to Eminence to paddle the Jack's Fork, Bay Creek to Eminence if water allows, with a take out option at Alley Spring. That's two longish days, so Monday we can pick between Pulltite-Round Spring (short shuttle) or Akers-Pulltite. Hope we see y'all on the river Saturday or at Pulltite campground Sunday evening, Luke.

louis covington

Wildwood
Name: Jan Johnson

Post by Wildwood » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:50 pm

Louis, if I can find a place to board my puppies, I will be there for part of the trip. Will probably stay at Circle B or close by. If nothing else, I'm betting I could see y'all at Ruby's at some point. I have not been on the water since last October and am even nuttier than usual because of it!
I see my heart doc on the 7th and hope to get cleared for paddling. My big problem is loading & unloading my boat. I can only lift 20#.
It sounds like a great group! I hope to see you all soon.
Jan
Jan Johnson

"Life shouldn't be a journey to the grave intending to arrive safely in an attractive, well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a paddle in your hands, body totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

adaviss
Name: Ann Davis

Post by adaviss » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:06 pm

Louis-I plan to be at Pulltite campground mid-afternoon Fri. I am assuming you have a block of campsites? I hope so or tell me how to book one. syotr-ann

Deuce
ACC President

Post by Deuce » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:55 pm

adaviss wrote:Louis-I plan to be at Pulltite campground mid-afternoon Fri. syotr-ann
Good. I need another strap. :poke2:
You come too.
Robert Frost

Richard

Post by Richard » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:33 pm

Marty Koch will just be finishing up a week at Pulltite so you will get a chance to meet him. He is one of the presenters and Canoecopia. He is a photographer and demonstrates outdoor cooking as well.
We are all afflicted with Cognitive Dissonance. The greater our religious, social, financial or political affiliation, the greater the affliction. We hear what we want to hear. We believe what we want to believe. Truth becomes irrelevant.

Jetlab67
Name: Paul

Post by Jetlab67 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:58 am

Luke - I'd like to get in on your overnight. It's hard to top Current River gravel bar camping! Certainly I expect you to do all the cooking....a 7-course dutch oven extravaganza no less! You must be bringing a raft to handle all that cooking gear...

Paul Smith
Paul Smith

Getting lost is never a waste of time - Jack Johnson

Deuce
ACC President

Post by Deuce » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:27 am

:think:
You come too.
Robert Frost

AR-Nimrod
Name: Chris Crawford

Post by AR-Nimrod » Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:26 pm

The gear pig was present at Rendezvous for the downriver trips. Even hauled two XP's and their bikini clad paddlers over the ledge one day. :poke2:
Chris Crawford

Some people don't know, what they don't know.....

Social Media