Change Rednezvous?

Open Discussion

Shall we move the date of Rendezvous to acoomodate other events?

Yes move it to September 13-15
23%
Yes move it to October 4-6
18%
No keep it the same
59%

Total votes: 22

Jeremy M

Change Rednezvous?

Post by Jeremy M » Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:56 pm

Speak now or forever hold your peace.
"For the last word in procrastination, go travel a river reluctant to lose his freedom to the sea."
-Aldo Leopold

Jim E
Name: Jim Enns

Re: Change Rednezvous?

Post by Jim E » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:20 pm

What's the possibility of having guaranteed Rockport water for those dates? I know "technically" we're asking Entergy to stretch it for the current date but...
Just living the liquid lifestyle!!!

Jim Enns <*)))))))))><

Jeremy M

Post by Jeremy M » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:21 pm

Good Question Jim....
"For the last word in procrastination, go travel a river reluctant to lose his freedom to the sea."
-Aldo Leopold

we66erno1
Name: doug webber

Post by we66erno1 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:23 pm

Lets see if we can just move R to dierks. The influx of capital to that town from all the ACC membership would pay diveneds to getting recreational releases there, in the future!
Henry Ford said "If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have asked for faster horses."

Deuce
ACC President
Name: Luke Coop

Post by Deuce » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:18 am

I have no objection to changing the dates if that's appropriate, but I think before we have a serious conversation about it we need to identify possible alternatives at the next board meeting (which fortunately is imminent). We need to take care not to lose many participants to accomodate a few.
You come too.
Robert Frost

Tim Eubanks

Post by Tim Eubanks » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:12 am

we66erno1 wrote:Lets see if we can just move R to dierks. The influx of capital to that town from all the ACC membership would pay diveneds to getting recreational releases there, in the future!
Dierks is WAY out of the way for the majority of ACC members. Couchdale is centrally located and a known quantity.
Remmel to Rockport offers everybody some water to get out on. We will lose most if not all of the downriver folks and newcomers who just want to get an introduction to us and moving water if we head down there. Rendezvous is a club-wide event, not just a rodeo or slalom race. Most ACC members are not Class III boaters (or play boaters) but are folks who enjoy getting out on the river, white or black or green water. Just water.

I have nothing against the fine folks of Dierks, but let them create their own event or opportunity for paddlers to spend some money.Maybe you could work with them, Doug? :poke2: We have a good thing going, lets not muck it up.

AR-Nimrod
Name: Chris Crawford

Post by AR-Nimrod » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:02 am

Is the Sept. 27-29 out for some reason?

I know it was moved to early Sept. a few years back and it was HOT so it got moved back to late Sept.
Chris Crawford

Some people don't know, what they don't know.....

Minna Ulmer
Name: minna ulmer

Post by Minna Ulmer » Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:28 pm

accomidate what events?

SteveGabbard
Name: Steve Gabbard

Post by SteveGabbard » Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:35 pm

Felsenthal fall fest and bikes blue jeans and barbque

Mrs Burroughs
Name: Stephanie

Post by Mrs Burroughs » Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:24 am

No vote for me! The rest of sept and oct are already booked!

Jeremy M

Post by Jeremy M » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:26 am

I appreciate everyone's input. I really do. Its hard when planning events like this to accommodate everything and everyone. I assure you though that you will not regret attending this years event in lieu of another event. We are trying to throw you guys, the ACC Members, a great party. Yeah, its gonna be a party. The best thing is, that in doing so, we will also get to share our passion for paddling with others, make our paddling community safer, raise awareness and money for conservation efforts around the state, swap stories and videos from the year, reminisce on past memories, and make new ones!
-Aldo Leopold

onewhopaddles

Post by onewhopaddles » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:58 am

Thanks to all who make these events possible. I was blown away by the quality of White Water School, and can't wait to see a Rendezvous. It's tough to accommodate everyone, but be not dismayed, your efforts are appreciated.

Deuce
ACC President
Name: Luke Coop

Post by Deuce » Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:45 am

I'm gratified by the pre-vous interest, especially when it's new-to-vouses (yes, I just made that up; you're welcome) who are showing said interest. That bodes well for the future. Peeps are already working behind the scenes to make this the biggest and bestest one yet. Now, go practice your Dutch Oven cooking. It will be here afore ye know it! :myday"
You come too.
Robert Frost

Jeremy M

Post by Jeremy M » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:26 pm

Rendezvous will stay as is.
-Aldo Leopold

Roger

Post by Roger » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:16 pm

Appreciate what Jeremy has done as I have "been there done that." Lots of tradition in what's called Rendezvous.

Could be a topic of discussion for the powers that drive the ACC these days. Worth considering. Does it have to be in the fall? Rotate it among sites?

And remember our relationship with Camp Couchdale. My two pennies.
I am I plus my surroundings and if I do not preserve the latter, I do not preserve myself. Jose Ortega Y Gasset

The earth is like a spaceship that didn't come with an operating manual.
Buckminster Fuller

Social Media