Call for Instructors for WW School

Open Discussion

Adam Willard
Name: Adam Willard

Call for Instructors for WW School

Post by Adam Willard » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:49 pm

Everyone-

You are viewing this message because you have volunteered in the past to help with the Arkansas Canoe Club's School of Whitewater Paddling. Another year has rolled around and we need to begin planning for the 2013 event.

The ACC's School of Whitewater Paddling will be scheduled for May 3-5, 2013 at Turner Bend Campground. Last year, we had a great response for instructors and volunteers and we hope for the same this year. The number of classes that we will be able to offer to participants is dependent on the number of instructors and volunteers that we have lined up by March 1st. So, we need to have our instructor teams basically in place by March 1st. If any volunteers want to teach a class together, we need to know that information. It proved to be so helpful last year when organizing classes!

If you will be able to assist again this year in either being a lead instructor of a class or an assistant, we certainly need and will appreciate greatly your help. Please send an email to Adam Willard at Ashleysbuilding@suddenlink.net Also; if your contact information or phone number has changed since last year, we need your updated information. If you are a current ACA member, we need your membership number, your CPR, and First Aid. We have to check on every volunteer for insurance coverage purposes.

Again, thanks so much to everyone for their past help with the Whitewater School!! The volunteers are what makes the ACC's School of Whitewater Paddling such a success year after year! Thank you so much for your willingness to donate your time and energy to the ACC!
Sincerely,
Adam Willard

GN YAKN

Re: Call for Instructors for WW School

Post by GN YAKN » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:45 am

OK, I've submitted my name for the list. Hoping we have more instructors than we need this year! Wouldn't that be great?!

I encourage everyone to step up and don't make Adam and the other volunteers have to beg!!! :myday"

We need to make sure we don't have to turn anybody away and that we have plenty of instructors so that the class sizes are small and manageable!

Let's keep this string of 37 years or so going strong!

Dave
Dave Robertson

"Endeavor to persevere." And when we had thought about it long enough, we declared war on the Union.....
Chief Dan George in The Outlaw Josey Wales 1976 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRX6hSGeZs4

okieboater
Name: David L. Reid

Post by okieboater » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:04 pm

Me, Vernon and Al are in.
Okieboater AKA Dave Reid

We are not sure when childhood ends and adulthood begins.

We are sure that when retirement begins, childhood restarts

GN YAKN

Post by GN YAKN » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:26 pm

You are amazing Mr. Reid! :box:

Now, where are the rest of you dudes and dudettes!?A? :poke2:
Dave Robertson

"Endeavor to persevere." And when we had thought about it long enough, we declared war on the Union.....
Chief Dan George in The Outlaw Josey Wales 1976 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRX6hSGeZs4

okieboater

Post by okieboater » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:42 pm

Mr Dave Robertson,

Not amazing, just doing what little I can to help the Club and boating community that has given me so much over the years.

One of the best feelings any instructor or boater can experience is seeing some one you coached surf a wave, hit a eddy or peel out to a ferry across the creek.

Plus, all the boating buds you wish you had seen since last Canoe School will be there.

Come on out, eat some fish, chow down on pancakes - see your regular Buds and make new ones!
Okieboater AKA Dave Reid

MarcVC
Name: Marc Van Camp

Post by MarcVC » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:30 pm

Adam-

Just wanted you to know that we will be available to coordinate shuttle. Also, we can help in any other capacity needed.

Liz Caldwell

Post by Liz Caldwell » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:04 pm

Just talked to Adam to clarify something in his call for instructors. While we encourage all helpers for WW School to take CPR and First Aid, it's only required for lead instructors, so don't let that stop anyone from volunteering. We need you!

Also, the Central Chapter is organizing CPR classes this spring for instructors and other members who need it. If yours expires before May, you might ask your chapter president about organizing a class in your area.
Liz

ARzach

Post by ARzach » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:51 pm

Adam,

Give me a call when you have a chance, or shoot me a PM. 845-325-1218

Anne and I can offer up some help as assistants.

--Zach Williams
Smile, summer run-off is coming!!!

Larry Pearce

Post by Larry Pearce » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:10 pm

Adam, I plan to assist John Pearce teaching River SUP. Larry Pearce

okieboater

Post by okieboater » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:35 pm

Doctor Larry, what's up? Canoes not enough excitement? <big smiles> :canoe:

dave
Okieboater AKA Dave Reid

kayakmamma
Name: Lorraine McPhee

Post by kayakmamma » Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:11 pm

:grin: Liz Caldwell, Charlie Kemp and I are excited to teach the women's kayak class!! :grin:
Lorraine McPhee

"Catch every eddy, Surf every wave"

Social Media