Decent Canned Beer in the Rock?

Open Discussion
Deuce
ACC President
Name: Luke Coop

Re: Decent Canned Beer in the Rock?

Post by Deuce » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:11 am

Thanks guys. I get over to Springhill from time to time but don't recall seeing any good canned beer there. Must have been looking in the wrong place. I'll try again.
You come too.
Robert Frost

v rainh2O
Name: vernon rainwater

Post by v rainh2O » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:36 am

I'm sold on home brewing after recently tasting the brews which my youngest brother made with his Mr Beer kit. To simplify the process, there seem to be a growing number of home brewing stores which sell all your required ingredients. For just $16 a case this is hard to beat.

Deuce
ACC President

Post by Deuce » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:35 am

v rainh2O wrote:I'm sold on home brewing after recently tasting the brews which my youngest brother made with his Mr Beer kit. To simplify the process, there seem to be a growing number of home brewing stores which sell all your required ingredients. For just $16 a case this is hard to beat.
Sounds like fun, and I've definitely been treated to some tasty home brewed concoctions. Doesn't help for river beer though. :(
You come too.
Robert Frost

v rainh2O
Name: vernon rainwater

Post by v rainh2O » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:40 am

Fermented in plastic bottles, so, why wouldn't it work for the river?

Deuce
ACC President

Post by Deuce » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:18 pm

v rainh2O wrote:Fermented in plastic bottles, so, why wouldn't it work for the river?
Oh, I didn't know about plastic. Every one I've had has been in glass.
You come too.
Robert Frost

stymie

Post by stymie » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:56 pm

I use 64 ounce hydo Flasks and fill with whatever I am stuck on/ drinking at that time of year or picked up on my travels. You head over to Vinos or Diamond and have them fill them up as well. They will keep beer for a week without it going flat or losing its head based upon personal testing.

Pre fill with your favorite brew put it in the cooler and fill your sippy cup as you go. No fuss no muss no trash on the water.

They also work well for mixers should someone want that kind of thing. Being a beer snob i would never allow anything like that in my sippy cup.

I have been told that the beer can be frozen in them as well and used as Ice blocks in the flask for your cooler. I plan on trying it on my next 3 day trip just to see. Ill let you know how it works.

http://www.hydroflask.com/products/64-o ... owler.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ouachita Outdoors in HS was stocking them.
Deuce wrote:I'm tired of drinking lame beer on float trips. I know there are top tier canned microbrews being crafted all over the country. Who in central AR is enlightened enough to sell them? Kroger has Fat Tire, which is a good start, but who/what else? Deuce is seeking inspiration. I beg you to lift from mine eyes the accursed and ubiquitous veil of mediocrity! Please, beer me! Sorry, got a little carried away, but really, :beer2: me.

Social Media