This is off topic. Should I continue?

Open Discussion
fryingsquirrel
Name: Jon Ellwood

Re: This is off topic. Should I continue?

Post by fryingsquirrel » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:08 pm

I've taken to drinking Those Guys' Beer whilst paddling. It is reasonably priced, tastes great, and the red cans look like Coke cans to the casual onlooker or from a distance.
"Life is a question asked by nature and answered by death. You are a different kind of question with a different kind of answer." -Helios

Regud
NW AR Chapter President
Name: Ryan Dugger

Post by Regud » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:49 pm

summerbee wrote:I have discovered a wonderful canned beer for river consumption. However, if the majority feel this is an inappropriate topic, I shall return to the privacy of my ice chest. How does the majority feel about this and should I reveal the name of this most delicious Belgian white?
I feel that it is inappropriate...:NoNo:

To tell us about a beer and not share its name! :beer2:
- Ryan

"Confess your Swims!"

Graham Osborn
Name: Graham Osborn

Post by Graham Osborn » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:01 pm

I feel that it is inappropriate...:NoNo:

To tell us about a beer and not share its name! :beer2:[/quote]

yeah what are you some kind of beer hoarder snob?? :box:
Shomer Shabbos!!!!

summerbee

Post by summerbee » Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:03 am

Firstly, I must contest the contention that any discussion about my beloved beverage, my heavenly nectar, my sweet honey from the gods...is lame. Secondly, it has not rained in a month of Sundays so hush :NoNo:
What is the name of that fermented wheat, that delightful gustatory alcoholic treat, the one in a can which is not banned on lakes and rivers and fits in your hand? (Forgive me, we really need some rain.)

Avery White Rascal. It is like candy, like hot cornbread slathered with butter...ahhhhhh.

Avery is a brewery out of Boulder. They offer different beers but I can't seem to get past White Rascal. In Fville, you can find it at Liquor World.

Please, continue with this most informative thread...options are good. :beer2:

To your good health,cheers!

tomOzarkVideo
Name: Tom McFetridge

Post by tomOzarkVideo » Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:27 am

I'll have to try the Rascal.. It seems like Sam Adams sells their summer ale in a can.

Shiner blond is great on a hot river day.
"My favorite rapid was Boogie Water" - kru

Fish

Post by Fish » Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:07 pm

At the risk of turning this into a PSA, someone should probably state that the reason it's important to find good beer in a can for river trips is because you should never carry glass containers on the river. Shards of broken glass on the riverbed suck, and it's illegal on all streams in Arkansas to have glass in your cooler. But having canned beer in your cooler is OK on most streams (your milage may vary, especially in National or State Parks).

I would comment that it probably ain't a great idea to drink too much beer while trying to navigate whitewater rapids, but I know a few rafters who seem to defy that rule. Still, it probably ain't a great idea if you're a mere normal mortal without the excessive abdominal beer reservoirs of certain red boat fleeters.

- Fish :fish:

Randy Dodson

Post by Randy Dodson » Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:20 pm

From the Silverton Brewery in Silverton Colorado. "Ice Pick Ale" comes in a can as does their other excellent beers. Ice Pick is a very smooth IPA.
Parrot Head Paddler

Crane

Post by Crane » Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:50 pm

Fish, those rafters are only hauling yakkers' beer... If a little gets spilt, well... :)
Crane

Deuce
ACC President
Name: Luke Coop

Post by Deuce » Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:35 pm

summerbee wrote:Firstly, I must contest the contention that any discussion about my beloved beverage, my heavenly nectar, my sweet honey from the gods...is lame. Secondly, it has not rained in a month of Sundays so hush :NoNo:
What is the name of that fermented wheat, that delightful gustatory alcoholic treat, the one in a can which is not banned on lakes and rivers and fits in your hand? (Forgive me, we really need some rain.)

Avery White Rascal. It is like candy, like hot cornbread slathered with butter...ahhhhhh.

Avery is a brewery out of Boulder. They offer different beers but I can't seem to get past White Rascal. In Fville, you can find it at Liquor World.

Please, continue with this most informative thread...options are good. :beer2:

To your good health,cheers!
Will you marry me? :drool2:
You come too.
Robert Frost

hfunkhouser
Name: hfunk

Post by hfunkhouser » Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:54 pm

summerbee wrote: What is the name of that fermented wheat, that delightful gustatory alcoholic treat, the one in a can which is not banned on lakes and rivers and fits in your hand?
This will echo in my mind for a long time. :D

summerbee

Post by summerbee » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:15 pm

I shall be succinct regarding the rationale for this thread: everything that Fish said in his most recent post.

I found myself, a to-the-grave beer loving fan, frustrated with the more common canned beer offerings. It seemed heresy to pop a can of pbr or bud lite when kicked back after a good paddle. If everything else about the day was perfect, shouldn't the beer be as well?

I begin to fantasize about the brews nestled in my cooler as I approach the end of a long hike or paddle. Hmmm, best to stop here. It's beginning to look like I may need an intervention.

Raising a glass to all.

JasonK
Name: Jason Kindall

Post by JasonK » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:09 pm

:beer2:

Avery brews some good stuff! If only I could find their IPA in a can...
Cheers,

Jason

jermdog

Post by jermdog » Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:38 pm

Belgian whites taste like coriander and piss anyway. Try some Modus Hoperandi if you want a good IPA, plus it's like 8% so the big ditch doesn't seem so big or bigger depending on the tilt. Found some can floating in the river this summer that was an ipa from KC brewery called brew free or die. Made my 80 year old customer grab it then watch me enjoy it. So freaking tasty.
Rokken Like Dokken

A Savage spanke

Post by A Savage spanke » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:24 pm

summerbee wrote: It seemed heresy to pop a can of pbr or bud lite when kicked back after a good paddle.
How can Post Boating Refreshment be heresy? Probably the most common bootie beer ever!

While we are on beer, does anyone know where to get O'Dells IPA, or Steelhead double IPA? Can't find it in the state
It could be worse, it could stop raining
call to paddle 479.518.0017

ARzach

Post by ARzach » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:19 pm

A Savage spanke wrote:While we are on beer, does anyone know where to get O'Dells IPA, or Steelhead double IPA? Can't find it in the state
Aren't you like 16, A Savage Spanke?
Smile, summer run-off is coming!!!

Social Media