Savage Designs, Fury (whitewater boat) SOLD

Post paddling related items for sale here or items you are looking for.
Commercial Members feel free to post your sale items here as well.

rxh012
Name: RCH

Savage Designs, Fury (whitewater boat) SOLD

Post by rxh012 » Sun May 22, 2011 2:28 pm

SOLD
Attachments
Kayak_2.jpg
Kayak_1.jpg
Last edited by rxh012 on Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rxh012

Re: Savage Designs, Fury (whitewater boat)

Post by rxh012 » Sat May 28, 2011 2:53 pm

Will take $150.

justin.payne

Post by justin.payne » Sun May 29, 2011 9:31 pm

thats an interesting creature......your welcome for the bump

okieboater
Name: David L. Reid

Post by okieboater » Mon May 30, 2011 9:27 am

More than interesting!!!!

In it's day, this was the cutting edge of kayak design. If it was a motorcycle, it would be one of Paul Jr's wildest choppers (from the TV series American Choppers).

Corran Addison (believe I spelled it close to right) was and to some degree still is the "bad boy" of kayak designers. He made outrageous runs and did things most considered could not be done in a kayak. For instance, he ran Looking Glass Falls in NC if memory correct a "unrunnable" big time vertical drop wearing a BatMan outfiit. He lived, but broke some vertabrae. He was one of the stars to come to the Tulsa Wave Rodeo series. I remember on a pre rodeo dinner we were all showing our best kayak slides. We had a bunch of great slides, Corran brought out his slide of the Bat Man falls and immediately brought down the house. He won the prize, a throw rope from D and B Outfitters if memory correct and gave the Rope to the second place slide owner. Quite a neat man. He had the original Mohawk hair cut big time. Big time showman and a great guy to visit with.

One of the Fayetteville AR hard core kayakers of the day had a Fury and paddled it all over the area and all the other big runs of the day across the US.

Despite the length and sharp edges this boat was one of if not the first to do a flat spin on the rodeo circuit and again if memory correct on it's first rodeo Corran came out and just did flat spins out the yeng yang to gain the most points. The boat was disqualified from then on as it made spins so easy.

I do not remember this boat ever catching on with the general kayaking buying public but for sure it gathered a crowd anywhere it showed up.

It is a true classic and if my boat shed was not crammed to the roof top with "classic kayaks" this boat would be on my buy list just because of it's history and impact of Corran on the sport.
Okieboater AKA Dave Reid

We are not sure when childhood ends and adulthood begins.

We are sure that when retirement begins, childhood restarts

justin.payne

Post by justin.payne » Mon May 30, 2011 10:11 pm

Thats really interesting Dave.

rxh012

Post by rxh012 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:03 pm

Will take $100

Roger

Post by Roger » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:13 pm

Might want to put this up on BT GEARSWAP forum! Might be worth a little more there!
I am I plus my surroundings and if I do not preserve the latter, I do not preserve myself. Jose Ortega Y Gasset

The earth is like a spaceship that didn't come with an operating manual.
Buckminster Fuller

rxh012

Post by rxh012 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:22 pm

Will do, thanks!

fryingsquirrel
Name: Jon Ellwood

Post by fryingsquirrel » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:25 pm

Dave, that was one heck of a knowledge bomb you just dropped on us. For what it's worth, I've paddled a Savage Skreem a few times (Eric Esche's, I believe) and it seemed like a very well made boat. I hope your boat finds a good home.
Jon Ellwood
"Life is a question asked by nature and answered by death. You are a different kind of question with a different kind of answer." -Helios

Eric Esche
Name: Eric Esche

Post by Eric Esche » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:03 pm

I will try to link up with him tomorrow morning.

First dibs.

Eric Esche

fryingsquirrel
Name: Jon Ellwood

Post by fryingsquirrel » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:55 am

Eric, that's just what you need, another boat added to your fleet. Susan will really appreciate this one, I'm sure :poke:
Later, dudes
"Life is a question asked by nature and answered by death. You are a different kind of question with a different kind of answer." -Helios

Eric Esche
Name: Eric Esche

Post by Eric Esche » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:21 pm

Jon - HUSH, child. It is so small, I do not think Susan will notice it for a while.

I got it. Could not have fit it in but for having dropped over 30 pounds since last fall and I can see that I will still be at it's upper weight range. What was more amazing was I got in it with my right knee still swollen. Had to get a hand to get back up afterwards, but I did actually fit in this 43 gallon kayak.

Dave - I see no way that you could still get in it, but you are welcome to come borrow it anytime and prove me wrong.

Fury will be in my loaner fleet after I find a skirt to fit it. Very snug as rigged on me, but can see and feel the potential in it. May try to get Mary into it this fall. Can see it being a great kids boat. Plastic is typical Savage bomber grade plastic, and should last another 20 plus years. Will be stored under cover and will add a cockpit cover to keep the critters out if anyone wants to try it. Still looks as radical as it did when it was new.

Eric Esche

okieboater
Name: David L. Reid

Re: Savage Designs, Fury (whitewater boat) SOLD

Post by okieboater » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:33 pm

Way to go Eric, that kayak is gonna be an attention getter. If you go to Surf and Turf, be sure to take it as some of the hot dogs could put on a show at the play spot. Measure off the cockpit and pm me. I got a couple old school small cockpit spray skirts and we might get lucky on one of them.
Okieboater AKA Dave Reid

We are not sure when childhood ends and adulthood begins.

We are sure that when retirement begins, childhood restarts

Social Media