Buffalo Point to Rush on Saturday 5-11

Recreational and touring boaters

Wildwood
Name: Jan Johnson

Buffalo Point to Rush on Saturday 5-11

Post by Wildwood » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:05 pm

Anyone for a Buffalo float Saturday? I'd like to do something on the lower part, am flexible about time & place.

I floated/drug Kings River today from Rockhouse to Trigger Gap. Slow & low, lots of trees down. :(

Let's go float!!

Jan
Jan Johnson

"Life shouldn't be a journey to the grave intending to arrive safely in an attractive, well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a paddle in your hands, body totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Paddlegal
Name: paddlegal

Re: Buffalo Point to Rush on Saturday 5-11

Post by Paddlegal » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:31 am

You're gettin' old girlie, its 6-11 not 5-11......senior moment?

We're tube and kayak floating Caddo Valley Monday the 13th. Jim Moose, Me, My BFF and a couple of her facebook friends (one from UK).

If you feel like doing the drive, come join us. You could camp at Lake Catherine or ??? lots of places down there. You could camp and Dragover too, then drive over to Caddo Valley.

Let me know. cell 501.265-9644 or 501.842-9510 Cell number's the best bet to reach me.

p.s. I actually just want some more of that okra..... :drool:
I've felt the touch of healing hands, neath the willow trees and birch, cause the water's my religion, and the river is my church. Kenny

Wildwood

Post by Wildwood » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:25 pm

Yep, a senior moment. I meant tomorrow, JUNE 11. :crazy:
Jan Johnson

"Life shouldn't be a journey to the grave intending to arrive safely in an attractive, well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a paddle in your hands, body totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Wildwood

Post by Wildwood » Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:53 am

Plan is to put in at Dillard's Ferry, since Buffalo Point is washed out. We are in a blue Jeep under a red XP10, yellow XP10, and a lime green Old Town Vapor. YES! We are colorful! We hope to be there around 11:00.
cell is 5o178 six 963o. -- IF we can get a signal.

See you there??

Jan
Jan Johnson

Mtngal
Name: Gerry Hemmer

Post by Mtngal » Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:05 pm

FYI...Buffalo Point launch site is useable. You can back down most of the way to unload. It's a short carry to the water's edge.

Wildwood

Post by Wildwood » Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:29 am

Aaron at BRFS said people were arrested at Buffalo Point takeout. They had been on the river all day, were running very late, so took out there. They went around barricades, so they were arrested. They didn't move the barricades & leave them or anything, they just off loaded & took out.

The Buffalo was a crowded place yesterday. We put in at the bridge. Just in the time it took to take my car & park it, over 100 people put in there, mostly in aluminum canoes. It was the first time I've seen many drunks on the Buffy. The river is still flowing pretty good. We got caught in a thunderstorm near the takeout. Otherwise, it was a beautiful float.

BTW, Buffalo Gals is OPEN and Keith is still serving elk & buffalo burgers.
Jan
Jan Johnson

JasonK
Name: Jason Kindall

Post by JasonK » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:09 pm

Hi Wildwood,

I had my family on the gravel bar maybe 1/4 - 1/2 mile upstream of Rush when the storm was blowing folks back up the river. You didn't stop and talk to us did you? I was the red bearded fellow in a blue top with a lovely little 3 year old Korean daughter. We had a couple of teal Buffalo canoes. That was a good day, would've been better minus all the drunken doofuses.
Cheers,

Jason

Wildwood

Post by Wildwood » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:54 am

When the storm hit, I kept paddling until the wind blew me too close to a rootball then I took out. I was just around the corner from the takeout, in a yellow Remix XP 10. I remember seeing y'all at the takeout, though. Boy, that was a madhouse! How about the bunch of guys on river left singing "Friends in Low Places"? :roll: Or the 3 women with the radio playing loud kuntry music? :hammer:
Jan Johnson

Clif

Post by Clif » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:32 am

Need to clear this one up.. of course DO NOT till it is but...
a ranger discussion I had told me carrying boats up the hill was ok. Perhaps it was driving down part? Think I will make some calls later. Anyone know??
You sure this is on the right channel?

JasonK
Name: Jason Kindall

Post by JasonK » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:57 pm

Yep - I saw that yellow Remix!

When the gale wind hit I was watching the largest group of yahoos paddle against it. Then all of a sudden it was like the hand of God swept them upstream. It was an amazing (and fun!) sight.

Takeout was a freakin' circus. Maybe you say, but I ended up carrying those teal Buffalo 16's up the hill around the johnboat trailers rather than wait our turn.

Maybe I'll get to meet you for real sometime. :D
Cheers,

Jason

Social Media