Vibram five fingers

Open Discussion

Mtngal
Name: Gerry Hemmer

Vibram five fingers

Post by Mtngal » Mon May 09, 2011 5:18 pm

A while back there was some discussion about these shoes. Now that you've had them a while what do you think of them. I am "test" walking a pair and like to know your long range thoughts before I say yea or nay.

unicorn
Name: Ryan Hughes

Re: Vibram five fingers

Post by unicorn » Mon May 09, 2011 5:32 pm

I've been wearing them for years and other than my chacos I rarely wear anything else. They are the most comfortable shoes ive ever worn and helped alleviate lower back problems i was having as well. If you intend to wear them as your daily shoes, I'd start out wearing them for shorter amounts of time as it may take a while to get used to the foot strain. If you are just considering them for boat shoes, get the trek or trek sport model - they have better traction on slippery rocks.
"The flower children have grown thorns" - Abbie Hoffman

Shark Attack

Post by Shark Attack » Mon May 09, 2011 6:02 pm

Do they have a model that is scuff proof?
Wes

Wildwood
Name: Jan Johnson

Post by Wildwood » Mon May 09, 2011 6:56 pm

I have a pair of Komodosports and they are great. I wore 'em down the Cadron yesterday. Have had no problem with them.
Jan
Jan Johnson

"Life shouldn't be a journey to the grave intending to arrive safely in an attractive, well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a paddle in your hands, body totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

mgood

Post by mgood » Tue May 10, 2011 9:43 am

Had mine for over a year and a half. Best paddling shoe I've ever had. They fit into every boat, and my feet don't fall asleep in my playboat like they used to.

They've got fantastic grip, and they hold up well in rescue situations. They're not for everybody (not enough cushion, don't fit right), but if you can find a pair that work for you, then they're money. That being said, they're not a cold-weather shoe. Even the neoprene would only be good until early November.

I'll be buying 5 fingers for my summer boating shoe for years to come.

Jbyrum
Name: Jordan Byrum

Post by Jbyrum » Tue May 10, 2011 5:18 pm

I LOVE my KSO's. They are great for fitting into a playboat and just walking around. Compared to other booties, you may have a little less traction in the five fingers, but they can still handle the Cossatot Falls hike starting from the Machine. Because the sole is so thin, you're going to feel every single rock you walk over just like if you were barefoot, except the rocks won't cut your feet :) When you first get them, don't wear them the whole day because your feet and calf muscles aren't used to absence of a thick sole.
Jordan Byrum

Mtngal
Name: Gerry Hemmer

Post by Mtngal » Tue May 10, 2011 9:20 pm

Thanks for all your input and advice. Having house walked a pair for a couple of days now and reading your comments my feets will be clad in snazzy new 5 fingers :kiss:

c8mb

Post by c8mb » Wed May 11, 2011 8:03 am

I have the FILA Skeletoes. The reason I got them is that the last 2 toes are joined. I saw an ugly accident involving the vibrams, a slick spot, a root, and my friends pinky toe. My pinky toe does better with a buddy.
Not that Al

Lil' Buddy

Post by Lil' Buddy » Thu May 12, 2011 10:38 pm

Mine fill up with sand and rocks pretty quick. Other than that, they are cool.

Wildwood
Name: Jan Johnson

Post by Wildwood » Fri May 13, 2011 9:23 am

When you first get them, don't wear them the whole day because your feet and calf muscles aren't used to absence of a thick sole.

I usually wear Birkenstocks, so had absolutely no problem adjusting to the FiveFingers.

Jan
Jan Johnson

"Life shouldn't be a journey to the grave intending to arrive safely in an attractive, well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a paddle in your hands, body totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Social Media