Rendezvous (9/10 - 9/12) Schedule Available

Open Discussion
Crane

Re: Save-the-Date: Rendezvous September 10 – 12

Post by Crane » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:20 am

Jeremy, I blew right past your offer to volunteer as a Dutch Oven Judge... I think you'd make a fine Judge... you hold up well to trash-talking, threats, and are not easily intimidated!!! Now, I'm still looking for two other such folks... SYOTRendezvous! Crane
Crane

Lupe
Name: Heather Huckeba

Post by Lupe » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:57 pm

Check out updated information about Rendezvous on the main ACC website (under Events - Rendezvous)

http://www.arkansascanoeclub.com/Defaul ... eId=490146

Several new events planned! Cool stuff - check it out!

This year's raffle, courtesy of Ouachita Outdoor Outfitters, is a Liquid Logic Versa Board and a Werner Stand Up Paddle. Also look for a Stand Up Paddling demo offered by OOO this year!

If you would be interested in helping to sell raffle tickets ($5 per ticket) in advance, then please email me at membership@arkansascanoeclub.com. You can also buy tickets at the gate/at Camp Couchdale, but you can sell tickets to friends, family, co-workers, etc. ahead of time, too!
I've heard that into every life a little of it must fall,
but you'll never catch me complaining about too much of that southern rain.
~ Michael Timmins, Cowboy Junkies

Dave Thomas
Name: Dave Thomas

Re: Rendezvous (9/10 - 9/12) Info has been updated!

Post by Dave Thomas » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:16 pm

:clap: RENDEZVOUS!!! :clap:
Paddle on,
Dave Thomas
dthomas@mohawkcanoes.com

Dave Thomas

Post by Dave Thomas » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:03 pm

Tofu Canoe wrote:can someone direct me to the Rendezvous website?
Try this link:
http://www.arkansascanoeclub.com/Defaul ... eId=490146" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by Dave Thomas on Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paddle on,
Dave Thomas
dthomas@mohawkcanoes.com

ARzach

Post by ARzach » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:49 pm

Gink wrote:IMHO such "energy drinks" should not be drank in large amounts, especially by children.
So you wouldn't be in support of a Chocolate-covered Espresso bean eating contest for kiddies either? I think Gink is right though, we should probablly have a Green Tea chugging contest instead.

I volunteer to teach a "How To Tell When People Are Joking in the Digital Age" class at Rendevouz this year. Topics covered may include but will not be limited to:
1. Context Clues for Dummies - Tongue in Cheek or Just Plain Ignorant?/What to do when smileys are excluded.
2. Troll identification - 7 Signs the Bridge is Un-Safe
3. Taking the Bait - Strike or Swim?
4. Office Stealthiness - Balancing your overloaded work schedule with recreational online discussion while ensuring your boss doesn't notice.
5. Online Alter-Egos - Am I really Ghandi or just a self-aggrandizing e-Tool?

If time permits we'll be discussing my highly under-recognized guide to trip-photo sharing - A pre-posting checklist for beginners and intermediates.

:beer:

--Zach
Smile, summer run-off is coming!!!

JB2012
Name: James

Post by JB2012 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:56 pm

I have some lawn darts---but not a complete set--only three :twisted: . Someone needs to bring one more.

Dave Thomas

Post by Dave Thomas » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:53 pm

Someone say...Margarita Mix-Off?
Last edited by Dave Thomas on Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paddle on,
Dave Thomas
dthomas@mohawkcanoes.com

kayakmamma
Name: Lorraine McPhee

Post by kayakmamma » Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:28 pm

I have a fun washer throwing game. I would love to help out with the kiddos. Plus I am bringing two of my own.
Lorraine McPhee

"Catch every eddy, Surf every wave"

Renee H

Post by Renee H » Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:23 pm

Lorraine - holler at or PM James Robison or Diane and they can put you on the schedule. Last I heard, they were still looking for someone to help with kids program.

fryingsquirrel
Name: Jon Ellwood

Post by fryingsquirrel » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:00 am

I think I might be able to take one for the team and volunteer as a margarita mix-off judge. I know it's a position that no-one wants to have to endure, but I'm willing to sacrifice my sobriety and possibly dignity for the greater good. I may also be available for the dutch oven cook off, depends on what time I get to the 'Vous. Sadly I will have to work till about noon on saturday, so I'll be rolling in sometime in the afternoon. I also wont be able to help with the smoker since I've got to work.
Do we have any sort of rough or tentative schedule in place yet?
I hope all goes well and I can make it this year, it just depends on how work goes.
Jon Ellwood
"Life is a question asked by nature and answered by death. You are a different kind of question with a different kind of answer." -Helios

Roger

Post by Roger » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:20 am

Dave Thomas wrote:Anyone have any info on the Margarita Mix-Off :?:
When is it taking place :?:
What are the rules :?:
Will there be electricity available for a blender :?:
Inquiring minds want to know :idea:
Yes, it's very informal!
Saturday afternoon about four or so. Usually in conjunction with the DO cookoff.
NONE!
Yes, outlets in the area of the Canteen as I recall.
I am I plus my surroundings and if I do not preserve the latter, I do not preserve myself. Jose Ortega Y Gasset

The earth is like a spaceship that didn't come with an operating manual.
Buckminster Fuller

Dave Thomas

Post by Dave Thomas » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:44 pm

Margarita Mix-Off is on! It will be taking place along with the Beer Garden on Saturday evening of the Rendezvous. The events are relying on your help and donations so don't be shy. More the merrier! :beer: Eastside Liquor in Fort Smith has made some nice donations to the Mix-Off and the Beer Garden. In addition, Mike has scored some awesome import, regional and micro brew beers from area suppliers.:drool: Look for more information to be posted soon. RENDEZVOUS!
Paddle on,
Dave Thomas
dthomas@mohawkcanoes.com

DeBo

Post by DeBo » Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:48 pm

vtsquid wrote: Carrie and I will be leading a flat water trip on Cathrine Saturday, after lunch Saturday, leaving from the camp and before we leave we will decide where we are going and how long we are staying out! :clap:
There seems to be some confusion here. I am also leading a paddling/geoching trip on Lake Catherine to the Water Fall and I hear that Jim Kruger is planning a paddling trip on Lake Catherine as well. I suggest that we all pool our resources here to do a combination trip. Those who want to just paddle to the Falls or strike off on their own while those who want to geocache or watch others geoche can do so.

Here is my earlier post:

There will be a Geocaching contest and paddling trip to the falls on Lake Cathrine at Rendezvous. There will be several caches and a very nice prize for the person who locates the final cache first. I think that this trip will be sometime Saturday afternoon if it doesn't conflict with too many other evernts. I will be posting times and meeting places as things firm up.

I will have a few GPS units for loan if you have not tried this. If enough people who do not use GPS but want to try it let me know I can share the loaners and have a brief lesson in their use before we launch.

Paddlers who just want to go along to see the waterfall and enjoy the antics of the geochers are more than welcome.

Please let me know what the interest level is out there for an event like this. Suggestion to make it better are welcome.
“What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.” Albert Pine

DeBo

Post by DeBo » Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:17 pm

Rendezvous Water Forum Friday 9/10
by DeBo on Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:12 pm

All ACC members and citizens in the Hot Springs/Malvern area are invited to attend the Water Forum Friday night at Rendezvous. This event will take place after dinner is served by the ArkLaTex Chapter in the Hall near the Cantina and will conclude before the videos begin.

All of us have a stake in what happens to lakes, streams and drinking water supplies in Arkansas. This forum is brought to you by Arkansas Audubon, The Nature Conservancy and the Arkansas Public Policy Pannel and is funded by the Winthrope Rockefeller Foundation.

Hear is the flyer for this event:

ARKANSAS COMMUNITY LEADERS AND CONCERNED CITIZENS,
Concerned about the quality
of your drinking water?
We are too!

Safe, abundant and clean water – one of Arkansas’s greatest treasures – is at risk.
Our lives, our economy and our natural heritage depend on us improving
Arkansas’s water future.

Join us for dinner and discussion
Friday, September 10, 5:30-8:00pm
Camp Couchdale on Lake Catherine,
301 Catherine Park Rd., Hot Springs, AR
Experts will be on hand to talk about threats to our unique water resources, listen to and answer your questions and concerns, and hear your ideas about how to protect your drinking water and favorite lakes, rivers and streams.

Find more information and RSVP at http://www.ARPanel.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
or call 501-376-7913 ext. 10
Co-hosted by the Arkansas Canoe Club and Arkansas's Water Future (a coalition of the Audubon Arkansas, Arkansas Public Policy Panel, and The Nature Conservancy-Arkansas Field Office, funded by the Winthrop Rockefeller Foundation)

Please forward this email to others interested in protecting Arkansas's water resources!

We look forward to seeing you on Sept. 10!
Thanks to the Arkansas Canoe Club for co-hosting the forum in conjuction with their annual "Rendezvous"!
“What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.” Albert Pine

JoeBud
Name: Matt Sayers

Post by JoeBud » Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:32 pm

DeBo wrote: I am also leading a paddling/geoching trip on Lake Catherine to the Water Fall and I hear that Jim Kruger is planning a paddling trip on Lake Catherine as well.
Any idea what the lengths of these trips will be? I am not familiar with the lake or the water fall.
Matt Sayers

Social Media