AUGUST INTRO TO PADDLING CLINIC -CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS! (8/16)

Recreational and touring boaters
Lupe
Name: Heather Huckeba

AUGUST INTRO TO PADDLING CLINIC -CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS! (8/16)

Post by Lupe » Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:09 pm

Hi everyone!

I’m coordinating this year’s Intro to Paddling Clinic, and this is my call for volunteers who can help for the day. This year we are partnering with the Parks Dept. to have the event at Lake Ouachita State Park.

Some of you may recall the event at Lake Catherine in recent years, but we were always a bit crowded there and had limited shoreline, so I think the move to Ouachita will offer us easier water access.

The event will be from 9 to 5 on Saturday Aug 16. The clinic will follow the ACA Introduction to Kayak/Introduction to Canoe curriculum which covers basic safety and stroke information. Copies of the curriculum can be found at these links:

http://www.americancanoe.org/pdf/2008%20IK.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.americancanoe.org/pdf/RCIC-ST.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Please email me if you would like to volunteer, and let me know what you would teach (kayak, solo canoe, tandem canoe). I could use help with registration as well, if you can volunteer but don’t necessarily want to help on the water.

Please note: this will be an American Canoe Association event for insurance purposes. Therefore, we will want one ACA certified instructor for each class, but it is NOT NECESSARY to be a certified instructor to help with this event. If you are not certified, please don’t let that stop you from volunteering!

Thanks so much!

Note: For those interested in signing up as a PARTICIPANT in this event…go ahead and mark your calendar for August 16th, but it will be at least another week before I’ll be ready to open registration for the event. I will make an announcement on the website and there will be an online application.

My contact info (email is best way to reach me):
hhuckeba1 [at] comcast [dot] net
501 / / 614 /9773

Cheers,
Heather (aka Lupe)
I've heard that into every life a little of it must fall,
but you'll never catch me complaining about too much of that southern rain.
~ Michael Timmins, Cowboy Junkies

Social Media