UPPER BUFFALO LEVEL

Recreational and touring boaters

jbfromconway
Name: Josh Bryant

UPPER BUFFALO LEVEL

Post by jbfromconway » Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:09 pm

We are planning to float the upper part of the Buffalo this weekend(July 12), and my question is this: How much rain is needed to float it this time of the year? I went to Kyle's Landing on Memorial Day weekend and it was too dry, but I hear with a decent rain you can float around this area.

My 1st choice would be Steel Creek to Kyle's Landing, but if it is not floatable, then we are gonna try Pruitt to Hasty. We have never done either of these floats, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Also where is a good campground or RV park to have a pop-up and get electricity in this area, and be close to an outfitter?

Randy Dodson

Re: UPPER BUFFALO LEVEL

Post by Randy Dodson » Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:31 pm

Paddling from Ponca or Steel Creek down to Kyles Landing....look for a river level of 2.5 or better on the Ponca gauge to have ample water. You can access this info by scrolling down on the ACC homepage to Buffalo River (Ponca) which is under "river levels".

There is a private campground in Jasper that has electricity. Don't really remember the name of the place but it MIGHT be Dogwood Village or Dogwood Springs.
Parrot Head Paddler

painterbob

Re: UPPER BUFFALO LEVEL

Post by painterbob » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:22 pm

i think you mean mill creek campground on hwy 7 next to kellers kanoes ? .... if not, add this one to the list.

Social Media