July 5-9 trips

Recreational and touring boaters
Monsoon
Name: Monsoon

Re: July 5-9 trips

Post by Monsoon » Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:32 am

Ok excellent. just keep in touch hear about what we all want to do on Friday and Sturday. SYOTR.
Boatin' life has lit the fire. Let's have a party!!

Paddlegal
Name: paddlegal

Post by Paddlegal » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:47 am

Are you interested in Remmel Dam to Rockport about 1 P.M. on Sunday? Mike Beebe will join us and he may or may not be in his ww boat. I'll be in a rec boat.

Also, I could meet you Saturday for a paddle around Buckville. I'd be interested in exploring wildlife,flora, etc. near shore. Not taking off for an big island out in the middle of the windy lake. Although I will island hop for swimming events and crystal hunting.

cell 5012855044
I've felt the touch of healing hands, neath the willow trees and birch, cause the water's my religion, and the river is my church. Kenny

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:54 am

I'd like to do Buckville if I can find a non WW boat. What kind of float is Remmel to Rockport?

Paddlegal

Post by Paddlegal » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:24 am

During generation (probably when we are there) there are a couple of washed out shoals and maybe two or three places to play. Its about five miles, have to do some paddling at the end as the river is slow there and then you have to go over the Rockport ledge. If you fall out of your boat going over the ledge, you stand up and grab it.

Want to fish?
I've felt the touch of healing hands, neath the willow trees and birch, cause the water's my religion, and the river is my church. Kenny

Paddlegal

Post by Paddlegal » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:28 pm

If you're committed to Buckville, I may be able to borrow you a rec boat. Do you have a paddle or should I borrow that too?

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:30 pm

like a canoe or a kayak? i will be committed if we do buck on Friday.

Paddlegal

Post by Paddlegal » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:43 pm

no I can't do buckville until saturday, then remmel on sunday. does this end the plan?

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:32 pm

Well I am just not sure about what is on with the fam on Saturday. That is why I cannot commit to that day. I have committed Friday for sure though. Anything.

Paddlegal

Post by Paddlegal » Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:06 pm

Sorry, that would entail a +200 mile trip for me on Friday and then a +130 mile trip for me on Sunday.

I was going to stay at Buckville or Malvern on Saturday night and save a hundred plus miles of driving.

Hope you can find someone to paddle with on Friday. Sorry it didn't work out, this DID start out as a saturday paddle for me.

Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:32 am
Re: July 5-9 trips Ok excellent. just keep in touch hear about what we all want to do on Friday and Sturday
end quote

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:07 pm

DANG!!! I didnt know you lived so far away. I am coming from Bentonville....but luckily my parents have a cabin down there to stay in while I am playing on the water.

lalyle

Post by lalyle » Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:22 am

I'm taking my son to Camp Tanako (Lake Catherine) Monday morning 7/7.
Would like to take the rec boat and play a bit somewhere. Have never done Dragover and would like to, but anything would be fine. Keep me posted.

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:13 am

Dragover is great for a rec boat. I am not sure how low it is today. I will post here on what I am doing.

Social Media