New Years Day trip

Recreational and touring boaters

Chicago Bob
Name: Bob Tyler

New Years Day trip

Post by Chicago Bob » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:58 am

Debo Its 97 degrees, its July 1. Is it too early to sign-up for the Red Hot Cider trip. Just thinking of cooler days. BOB

Jim Krueger

Re: New Years Day trip

Post by Jim Krueger » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:10 pm

Bob,

I have gone on Debbie's New Year's floats for quite a few years but didn't see a post on the board for it last year, or more likely I probably just missed seeing the post:) At any rate, when New Years Day did come the weather that day was overcast and in the twenties for the high temperature. It's not very cool on the back porch right about now and I too am looking forward to another New Year's float, we've had some really nice ones in the past with cool but more moderate weather and always a good time with a group of friends. I still have that 95 gal. city of Little Rock trash container you salvaged from the middle of the Little Maumelle River three years ago, in an upside-down orientation now, it's been repurposed in to a very good compost container. There is also the whole, submerged, soaking-wet, 400 lb. wooden picnic table that Cowper salvaged that day. The disassembled lumber dried-out well in my wood rack over the years :D
I certainly enjoyed seeing you and Cowper for a moment at Rockport yesterday!

Best Regards
Jim

Social Media