Semi New NWA

Recreational and touring boaters

jsmharley
Name: Jeremy

Semi New NWA

Post by jsmharley » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:01 am

Been in NWA for 3 years moved from VA. Floated James river several times between Lynchburg and Richmond and many other smaller creeks and rivers. Just sold my flat-bottom boat and picked 4 kayaks for wife and kids (teens). I'm the only one in the family with any type of experience so looking for casual "fishing" floats that have some class1 maybe 2's in the nearby area. 3 to 6 hour floats would be ideal. Thanks for all your advice :) Looking forward to getting out with the family :yahoo:

Deuce
ACC President
Name: Luke Coop

Re: Semi New NWA

Post by Deuce » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:35 am

Welcome! :beer: Have you joined the NW chapter of the canoe club? If not, definitely start there. http://arkansascanoeclub.com/page-506384 They're a great group to be around and will definitely point you in the direction you want to go. They also have monthly (I think) recreational floats that I believe you'll find very beneficial.

If you're asking for river recommendations the Buffalo definitely meets your criteria, and the Kings is another great choice for a recreational floating and fishing river. Both offer excellent float camping opportunities as well in case that sounds appealing. There are plenty of others.

Great to hear you're bringing your family into the paddling community. There's none better!
You come too.
Robert Frost

wiredforsound
Name: Jeff Neisler

Re: Semi New NWA

Post by wiredforsound » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:50 pm

Agree with what Deuce says. Come meet some folks at the NWA Chapter meetings, last Monday of each month at Foghorns in Fayetteville at 6:30 pm. Next meeting this Monday night. Hope to see you there.

Or even better come check out boatball some Wednesday evening. Great way to meet paddlers in NWA, improve your paddling skills, get in better shape & have the time of your life. :thumbup: :thumbup: Season opener for boatball is this coming Wednesday night.

Go here for more info. on Boatball: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=29927

or don't hesitate to call me at number below in signature, if you have further questions.
Jeff Neisler (aka wiredforsound, formerly known as Godzilla)
4seven9.three8one.5nine9five

Social Media