Kayak instructors

Recreational and touring boaters

Wendell111
Name: Wendell Hamilton

Kayak instructors

Post by Wendell111 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:34 pm

Is there a list of kayak instructors online anywhere?
Newbies like myself are in need of qualified instructors but I have not been able to find any with my Google search. Maybe ACC can put together a roster of instructors willing to teach beginning, as well as, advanced lessons, for pay of course. I'm personally looking for someone in the Tulsa/Broken Arrow area but will travel as far as necessary.
Wendell Hamilton, member
:kayak:

rouble
ACC Webmaster
Name: Chris

Re: Kayak instructors

Post by rouble » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:10 am

We don't have any instructor lists available on line. I know one of our board members keeps a database of the ACA certified instructors in the club, but I'm not sure if that database keeps track of which ones are available for private lessons. I'd recommend contacting the dust bowl chapter president, they'll probably know of instructors in your area.

BEubanks
Name: Byron Eubanks

Post by BEubanks » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:39 pm

American Canoe Association maintains a list of instructors, though I can't vouch for how up to date it is. Here's their kayak instructor list.
[urlhttp://c.ymcdn.com/sites/www.americancanoe.org/resource/resmgr/s ... _Kayak.pdf][/url]

okieboater
Name: David L. Reid

Post by okieboater » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:01 am

My advice is to head out to Tulsa's DustBowl Chapter DOG November 4th. Spend the day either cooking, eating or both and stay for the fellowship Campfire and camp. The Chapter has several ACA Instructors and many will be there. Tell them Dave sent you!!! The Chapter also puts on various instruction clinics to it's members at very low cost. The DOG AKA Dutch Oven Gathering is one annual event that seems to grow better each year. I pasted in the info below, see the notice from Chapter President Clark. Hopefully the attachment will come thru if not check the ACC home page for Clark's email and phone number. All are invited.

Okieboater

Dustbowl Members:   The DOG is yipping and ready to hunt on Saturday, November 4th.  This annual event has everything you can ask for on a wonderful fall weekend: good people, great food, dutch ovens, tranquil water, kayaks and canoes, and once again, fantastic food.   All the details for this event are in the attached document.  I look forward to seeing all our Dustbowl members and their friends at Bluff Landing on November 4th! 
Clark 
 DOG 2017 Announcement.vs2.docx
Okieboater AKA Dave Reid

We are not sure when childhood ends and adulthood begins.

We are sure that when retirement begins, childhood restarts

okieboater
Name: David L. Reid

Post by okieboater » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:08 pm

Wendell.

Using the email off the ACC Home Page list of members, I sent you a email with the info sheet location.

If you did not get it or anyone else needs the link, email me at davidreidok@hotmail.com and I will send the link.

DustBowl DOG has been going on for many years. It is a joint event with Tulsa Camping Club. If you are a DO cooker, you are welcome to show off your skills. If you want to learn about DO cooking, touch base with Vernon and he will get you a DO buddy to cook with at the DOG. If you want a full table of DO food to eat along with a great campfire and camping event come on out to the DOG. This is a family event and there will be fun games for kiddos and adults plus boating on the Virtergis River there at the landing. Big time covered pavilion to cook on and serve food so the event is there even if rain shows up.

Dave
Okieboater AKA Dave Reid

We are not sure when childhood ends and adulthood begins.

We are sure that when retirement begins, childhood restarts

Social Media