Where to go in Arkansas/Oklahoma?

Recreational and touring boaters

silvercobra
Name: Jeremy

Where to go in Arkansas/Oklahoma?

Post by silvercobra » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:39 pm

I live in Fort Smith, AR. Does anyone have recommendations on where to kayak in the summer when the water is low? Mainly looking for places to rock climb that are above water (no ropes involved.)

We did Lake Eufaula July 4th weekend and it had a few good spots, pretty choppy coming back. We've done all Lake Lincoln has to offer. I've been on Beaver some and didn't see anything to climb. We don't really like large lakes, would prefer a small lake with bluffs. We've run everything on Frog Bayou south of Rudy (and one trip starting at Rudy going North) and everything on Mulberry from Wolf Pen to Bluff Hole multiple times.We've done Buffalo and it was beautiful but not much to climb so have to wait on some white water action when the water is high. Looked at Shores Lake but I couldn't see any rocks. Completely covered Lake Fort Smith. We've done below the Van Buren dam and above on Lee creek, about 7 miles upstream from the dam. I've done White Oak and Arkansas but those are just paddling, nothing to do. I was on White River below dam for the Eagles and Icicles but don't think I saw anything to climb.

Any ideas?
Attachments
P8012008.jpg
Dihydrogen Monoxide - It's a Way of Life

Speedy Pete
Name: T. M. Lewis

Re: Where to go in Arkansas/Oklahoma?

Post by Speedy Pete » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:42 am

The Cossatot has a jump cliff at the end of the falls that might be good for climbing, and should be deep enough to fall off of, at least on some parts. That's all I know. You might wanna post on a climbing forum. Nice to meet you, too. I don't think I've ever seen you out paddling before, though I have hardly been out on rivers lately.

Social Media