National River Clean-up & Picnic in the Park - July 11

Recreational and touring boaters

Phil W.
Name: Phil

National River Clean-up & Picnic in the Park - July 11

Post by Phil W. » Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:34 am

Saturday, July 11th

I could use some help on this day. Canoes are needed to carry trash from the kayaks out to the party barge to off load. In years past I used my coleman super barge canoe for this purpose but it is gone. Everybody is welcome and I do need a few able bodied people to get out of their boats and walk along throwing the trash out to the kayaks. This is always a good time and like I said help is needed.

Phil

Below is the state parks write up

https://www.flickr.com/photos/cosmicdud ... 5527274361" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

8a.m. – National River Clean-Up – Lake Dardanelle State Park invites you to participate in the Fifth Annual Arkansas River Cleanup in conjunction with American Rivers’ National River Cleanup. Volunteers are needed with clean-up of the Arkansas River lasting until 10:30 a.m. The amount of trash and debris collected and removed on this day will improve the health of wildlife, people and habitat of our local waterways year round. Registration begins 8 a.m. at Lake Dardanelle State Park Visitor Center Pre-registration: To pre-register and reserve a kayak in your name, please contact the park at 479-967-5516. All volunteers are invited for a delicious donated meal after the cleanup at 11:00 a.m. to celebrate Picnic in the Park.
Last edited by Phil W. on Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Phil W.

Re: National River Clean-up & Picnic in the Park

Post by Phil W. » Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:36 am

I don't think the link will work, maybe someone could help me with that

Owl

Post by Owl » Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:10 pm

Nothin' fancy required, just copy & paste:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/cosmicdud ... 5527274361" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Phil W.

Post by Phil W. » Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:08 pm

So far no takers on the volunteer fun time we will have? No work is required, except paddling. :canoe:

Phil W.

Re: National River Clean-up & Picnic in the Park - July 11

Post by Phil W. » Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:02 pm

For all those who were going to attend with their boats forget it, they canceled the water part due to the lake being so high, isn't that amazing for July :grin:

Cowper
Name: Cowper C

Post by Cowper » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:43 am

I was going to respond earlier to thank you for organizing this. Don't be disheartened when no one responds. One thing I've noticed is that KAB and other big organizations that sponsor clean ups are tending more and more to have State-wide or even Nation-wide designated days when we're all supposed to go out and clean up our favorite stretch of river, park, trail, or whatever. This makes sense if the assumption is that most will travel only a short distance to a place near their home, but in places like Arkansas that spreads out the volunteer base too much. I can't go clean 3 or 4 places all on the same day.

Rest assured, if you post a clean up and I'm not there in person, if I'm not at another event that day, I'll at least be "inspired" to pick up a littler extra where ever I find myself that day.
Trash: Get a little every time you go!

Phil W.

Post by Phil W. » Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:51 pm

Thank you Cowper for that and have a great day

Social Media