Level 3 river safety course interest.

Recreational and touring boaters

737driver
Name: Clay Cahoon

Level 3 river safety course interest.

Post by 737driver » Fri May 29, 2015 11:02 am

Several of us were talking this week about the need for a level 3 SWR course. Many boaters do not have the time to do a full two day course. Many believe that they don't need a SWR course because they don't boat big water. However, most of the river accidents that occur are on class I and II water. The reason is that typically these boaters don't have the self rescue knowledge that the big water boaters have. Many of you enjoy the beauty and relaxation of class I and II water and do not desire to run bigger stuff. Everyone boats for their own reason and that's why we all got into this sport.
I'm just trying to gauge the interest in a level 3 course. It would just be a 1 day class. You will learn all the self rescue techniques as well as group safety. Also rope throwing, strainer dangers, swimming, wading, etc. We would not get into complicated rope reacues and detailed knot tying. We would however, demonstrate basic boat rescues. Comment below or message me if you would be interested. If there is enough interest then we will make it happen this summer!
Clay Cahoon

Paddle solo, sleep tandem

Terry Reifeiss

Re: Level 3 river safety course interest.

Post by Terry Reifeiss » Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:07 pm

It sounds great, and I would love to do it, but it doesn't seem like there's much interest. Has anyone else expressed interest and do you have any plans for this course in the future. If so please contact me. Thanks!
Terry Reifeiss. 501-327-7795

RobM
Name: Rob

Re: Level 3 river safety course interest.

Post by RobM » Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:55 pm

There is two, one day L3 Swiftwater rescue courses posted on the general discussion board . One on Monday, July 27th . Then one on Saturday, August 1st . Both of them will be held at the Siloam springs kayak park. If you would like to sign up for one of them, email me at arkansasoutdooroutfitters@yahoo.com .
See ya on the water,
Rob

Social Media