Buffalo Put in/takeout question

Recreational and touring boaters

panicman

Buffalo Put in/takeout question

Post by panicman » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:45 pm

I think I have asked this before but what put in/takeouts would be relatively easy for a 14 foot raft. I'm familiar with the main spots in the upper section, ponca,steel,kyles and pruit but not the lower ones. thanks!

Deuce
ACC President
Name: Luke Coop

Re: Buffalo Put in/takeout question

Post by Deuce » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:16 pm

Here are some thoughts in no particular geographical pattern. I've launched one at Spring Creek, North Maumee and Rush. Of those the toughest was Spring Creek, and it's not difficult if you can back a trailer and there aren't a bunch of other people putting in there. If there are just wait until they're done. North Maumee and Rush are cake. I've never launched one at Gilbert or Baker Ford but both would be fine. Baker would be tight if you tried to do it while an outfitter was putting boats in. Shouldn't have any problem launching one at Tyler Bend, again with the caveat that you might need to wait on outfitters, and you definitely wouldn't have any problem launching one at Dillard's Ferry. Heading that way soon?
You come too.
Robert Frost

panicman

Re: Buffalo Put in/takeout question

Post by panicman » Fri May 02, 2014 9:16 am

Thanks, and nothing nailed down. If water/weather conditons favorable would be shooting for an over nighter or 2 sometime in the next month to work out my oaring muscles.

Social Media