Fishing in 2014

Recreational and touring boaters
Edgar
Name: Edgar

Fishing in 2014

Post by Edgar » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:29 am

Anyone interested in fishing this year? I am planning of fishing Crooked Creek, Dragover, Lake Ouachita, Remmel to Rockport, White River and anywhere else that looks good. Anyone interested can post or text me and I will put together a list for a group text to keep updated. I know we have this forum, but to often I don't think of it until it to late.
Edgar at 501-six 0 nine- 5 eight 6 four. :grin:

AR-Nimrod
Name: Chris Crawford

Re: Fishing in 2014

Post by AR-Nimrod » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:33 am

I might be up for one or two of those. Been wanting to fish Crooked Creek for a while now. Cadron at lower levels is pretty good at times also. I can think of a few more maybe to hit.
Chris Crawford

Some people don't know, what they don't know.....

wally

Post by wally » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:00 pm

Edgar,
I am always ready to go fishing. If I drive over 100 miles one way, I want to stay a couple days.
Wally
White Tundra with a Green Mohawk on top.

Deuce
ACC President
Name: Luke Coop

Post by Deuce » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:09 pm

Me too me too. You have my number Edgar. I'd love for a group of us to base camp a few days on the White and float fish it. That's a lot of fun.
You come too.
Robert Frost

Tim Eubanks

Post by Tim Eubanks » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:37 pm

Hey ya'll. I got in touch with the editor of Kayak Angler, the ACA magazine for that pursuit. He hopes to do an article on the club for the print version of the mag this spring. Find him on the web and shoot him an email. He is all about promoting kayak angling. I'm more of a wader angler (no magazine for that) at present. He needs contacts and photos. http://www.rapidmedia.com/kayak-fishing.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Have fun!

Jim Krueger

Post by Jim Krueger » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:59 pm

Thanks Tim for the suggestion, I'll look forward to checking out this link shortly. I for one have a good many photographs of past fishing trips on the Upper Caddo, Buffalo, and Upper, and Lower Ouachita Rivers I'd be happy to offer.
Edgar, Thank You too for starting this thread! So many of us in the club have really enjoyed river fishing trips in the past. Most of my trips have been day-trips, however some have been multi-day, camping and fishing trips. Just within my small cadre of fishing friends in the club, I would like to mention, Wally Marroy, Jeff Pinnell, Clint and Cory Rickett , Miss Marlo, and Edgar. There have been many others who certainly deserve credits also, and so many nice fishing trips.
I had a pretty good summer last year just fishing by myself on the Saline River here in the Benton area for Bream and Crappie for supper...

Best Regards
Jim

Edgar

Post by Edgar » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:45 am

Great!! I already have Jim, Coop, Chris and a few others on the list, but I don't have your number Wally. If you just want to watch the board I am going to try to remember to list it there too. I haven't quite figured out the way to update the "group text" when new people want to join. My daughter says that I will have to make a new group text when that happens. I am totally open to any ideas anyone might have on a better way to notify everyone. Hopefully everyone will join in on posting or notifying others about their fishing trips they are planning. :grin:

E-B

Post by E-B » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:30 am

Has anyone fished the South Fork Little Red or Archey Creek in Clinton? I've wade fished both but not floated either. Any info would be great.

Edgar

Post by Edgar » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:03 pm

I never have.

Richard

Post by Richard » Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:30 pm

I have a fishing rod. I have a fishing license. At some point in my life I should put the two to use. I don't know the first thing about fishing. I have been a jinx to anyone who has tried to help me. I think I am interested in trying it again.
We are all afflicted with Cognitive Dissonance. The greater our religious, social, financial or political affiliation, the greater the affliction. We hear what we want to hear. We believe what we want to believe. Truth becomes irrelevant.

Edgar

Post by Edgar » Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:46 am

Hey Richard, you can go with me anytime. I am still trying to figure out this freshwater fishing thing myself. Text me your phone number and I'll add you to the list.

suvowner
Name: Brent

Post by suvowner » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:00 pm

http://centralarkansaskayakanglers.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Roger

Post by Roger » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:12 pm

Richard, when I call and ask you to meet me somewhere to go fishing, you show up with an empty boat rack on the car, fishing rod, life vest, paddle and your lunch. Along with the license.

I've got your lures. :shh:
I am I plus my surroundings and if I do not preserve the latter, I do not preserve myself. Jose Ortega Y Gasset

The earth is like a spaceship that didn't come with an operating manual.
Buckminster Fuller

okieboater
Name: David L. Reid

Post by okieboater » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:46 pm

Sounds like the Message Board needs another Group heading:

FISHING :fish:
Okieboater AKA Dave Reid

We are not sure when childhood ends and adulthood begins.

We are sure that when retirement begins, childhood restarts

Richard

Post by Richard » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:51 pm

One thing the message board needs is a "Like" button.
We are all afflicted with Cognitive Dissonance. The greater our religious, social, financial or political affiliation, the greater the affliction. We hear what we want to hear. We believe what we want to believe. Truth becomes irrelevant.

Social Media