overnight trip

Recreational and touring boaters

FireNinja
Name: Jason

overnight trip

Post by FireNinja » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:22 pm

Just moved here in August...looking to do an overnight kayaking trip. Looking for someone to go with. Love winter paddling.

Deuce
ACC President
Name: Luke Coop

Re: overnight trip

Post by Deuce » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:27 am

Keep your eyes peeled for trips posted here. Some friends and I always do a two nighter MLK weekend, usually on the Buffy. President's Day weekend typically finds us on the Current. I'm with you. Winter paddling in the Ozarks is awesome.
You come too.
Robert Frost

okieboater
Name: David L. Reid

Post by okieboater » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:57 am

Hi Mr Luke,

Please post that Current overnight trip here.

I just found out how neat the MO Ozarks floating is. Got on the Eleven Point and North Fork of the White this fall, Have not done the Current and would love to do that.

I promise you a Dutch Oven Cake for dinner that night!!!

Dave :canoe:
Okieboater AKA Dave Reid

We are not sure when childhood ends and adulthood begins.

We are sure that when retirement begins, childhood restarts

Deuce
ACC President

Post by Deuce » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:13 am

You got it Mr. Dave. Maybe we can even get Eric and Richard to join our expedition. My daughter has already advised me she'll be in attendance on every trip henceforth.
You come too.
Robert Frost

Richard

Post by Richard » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:54 pm

Where's the Like button
We are all afflicted with Cognitive Dissonance. The greater our religious, social, financial or political affiliation, the greater the affliction. We hear what we want to hear. We believe what we want to believe. Truth becomes irrelevant.

Crane

Post by Crane » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:35 am

Okay, put me on the list of folks who would be interested... and not just because Dave offered to cook some Dutch Oven fare:) Crane
Crane

Deuce
ACC President

Post by Deuce » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:22 am

Crane wrote:Okay, put me on the list of folks who would be interested... and not just because Dave offered to cook some Dutch Oven fare:) Crane
You can go I guess, but only if you promise not to make fun of my blue and orange (or is orange and blue? :confused:) Odyssey bucket boat, at least not while Al is around. I don't mind so much, but Al's grown mighty attached to it and is kind of sensitive if anybody but him laughs at it.
You come too.
Robert Frost

Crane

Post by Crane » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:58 pm

Luke, I didn't know you were rafting! I have a 9' Star bucket boat... but just bought my bride a 9.5' Tributary self-bailer!! I figure if the water's moving, I'd rather camp out of a raft than either a canoe or a kayak... Both of my little
rigs are set up to be rowed... Crane
Crane

Deuce
ACC President

Post by Deuce » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:04 am

I break out the gear pig a few times a year. I'm no rower of note, but I can get down the river okay. At Rendezvous I ended up taking two girls and their borrowed kayaks the last quarter mile of the Remmel to Rockport run. It's been a great boat. $400 from an outfiteer in Oregon and not a patch anywhere other than the floor.
You come too.
Robert Frost

Al Donaldson

Post by Al Donaldson » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:16 pm

Deuce wrote:
Crane wrote:Okay, put me on the list of folks who would be interested... and not just because Dave offered to cook some Dutch Oven fare:) Crane
You can go I guess, but only if you promise not to make fun of my blue and orange (or is orange and blue? :confused:) Odyssey bucket boat, at least not while Al is around. I don't mind so much, but Al's grown mighty attached to it and is kind of sensitive if anybody but him laughs at it.

Luke, I resemble that remark.

BTW, did you get the mods done to your Blue Hole, Luke? I mangled one just like yours and now have a $200 canoe that really behaves well.

Be well.

al
Al Donaldson
1920 Belle Ave.
Cedar Falls, IA 50613
alandonaldson@cfu.net
(319) 277-3194

Deuce
ACC President

Post by Deuce » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:15 am

Sorry Al, you know I can't resist teasing folks. I haven't butchered the Sunburst yet but do plan to this winter. I did see your pics even though I never responded. Well, actually I responded but the email fairies zapped it and fussed at me for sending and receiving emails about canoes. Their priorities are seriously out of whack. :thumbdown: Did you confirm the boat's lineage beyond a doubt (Sunburst vs Sunburst II)?
You come too.
Robert Frost

Al Donaldson

Post by Al Donaldson » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:49 am

Deuce wrote:Sorry Al, you know I can't resist teasing folks. I haven't butchered the Sunburst yet but do plan to this winter. I did see your pics even though I never responded. Well, actually I responded but the email fairies zapped it and fussed at me for sending and receiving emails about canoes. Their priorities are seriously out of whack. :thumbdown: Did you confirm the boat's lineage beyond a doubt (Sunburst vs Sunburst II)?

Luke (we seem to have hijacked the topic):

Nope.

By the date of the serial number, it supposedly should be a Sunburst II, but the sticker on it did not confirm that. If anybody knows a way to tell for sure, I'd like to hear it.

Be well.

al
Al Donaldson
1920 Belle Ave.
Cedar Falls, IA 50613
alandonaldson@cfu.net
(319) 277-3194

Deuce
ACC President

Post by Deuce » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:18 am

Couldn't tell for sure from your pics, but that boat appeared to be maroon in color? If so, it's a Sunburst II.
You come too.
Robert Frost

Al Donaldson

Post by Al Donaldson » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:29 am

Deuce wrote:Couldn't tell for sure from your pics, but that boat appeared to be maroon in color? If so, it's a Sunburst II.

Yep, it is maroon.

al
Al Donaldson
1920 Belle Ave.
Cedar Falls, IA 50613
alandonaldson@cfu.net
(319) 277-3194

Social Media