CURRENT RIVER AREA Oct 12 - 17

Recreational and touring boaters
Randy Dodson

Re: CURRENT RIVER AREA Oct 12 - 17

Post by Randy Dodson » Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:53 pm

are ya'll camping at Pulltite each night? If so, I may come up mon night and camp and paddle tue with ya.
Parrot Head Paddler

Deuce
ACC President
Name: Luke Coop

Post by Deuce » Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:07 pm

AR-Nimrod wrote:The gear pig was present at Rendezvous for the downriver trips. Even hauled two XP's and their bikini clad paddlers over the ledge one day. :poke2:
Very true. That's the most action the pig has seen in years, and she didn't let me down. Sure was grateful to those who helped me throw her up on the trailer. She might make an appearance on the Current, but it's doubtful. I'll deploy the pig if my cousin who thinks he's my nephew requests it, but I can get anything I'd ever possibly need in the Explorer. Of course if the Donaldsons join us the pig's presence will be mandatory. :ROFL:
You come too.
Robert Frost

WPC
Name: Diane

Post by WPC » Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:39 pm

We will have 5-7 paddlers coming from the Waco Paddling Club. We may stay until Saturday Oct 19th if anyone is interested in staying longer. Will probably break camp and head to Twin Bridges Campground on the N Fork of the White around Wednesday. Diane.

MikeBeebe

Post by MikeBeebe » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:01 am

Putting our reservation in now, for next trip next Fall!

Deuce
ACC President

Post by Deuce » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:50 am

WPC wrote:We will have 5-7 paddlers coming from the Waco Paddling Club. We may stay until Saturday Oct 19th if anyone is interested in staying longer. Will probably break camp and head to Twin Bridges Campground on the N Fork of the White around Wednesday. Diane.
Just heard from a buddy who plans to stay all week. Also, Paddling.net has a fall rendezvous every year at Pultite, and I believe they'll start arriving Tuesday and stay through the following weekend. I've never met those folks and was glad to see I'll finally have the opportunity. Maybe we should plan a rumble like in Westside Story albeit with a much higher participant median age.
You come too.
Robert Frost

AR-Nimrod
Name: Chris Crawford

Post by AR-Nimrod » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:40 am

Deuce wrote: Just heard from a buddy who plans to stay all week. Also, Paddling.net has a fall rendezvous every year at Pultite, and I believe they'll start arriving Tuesday and stay through the following weekend. I've never met those folks and was glad to see I'll finally have the opportunity. Maybe we should plan a Grumble like in Westside Story albeit with a much higher participant median age.
Deuce,

I edited your post to fit more in line with our group dynamic.
Chris Crawford

Some people don't know, what they don't know.....

Deuce
ACC President

Post by Deuce » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:26 am

It's been my experience that the grumbling occurs irrespective of any planning. :poke2:
You come too.
Robert Frost

waterboy
Name: waterboy

Post by waterboy » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:16 am

:poke2: "BJ" and I will be there for the duration. Cause that's how we roll. :fish: :kayak:

Al Donaldson

Post by Al Donaldson » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:01 pm

Louis:

Could you make room for a couple of Yankees for paddling from the 14th thru the 16th?

We are so out of water up here, the fish are lining up at the bottled water stores! We would be staying over at Boiling Springs on the Big Piney River (West of Licking, MO) and driving over to join you each day.

Have you considered the Norfork or Bryant Creek as possible paddling spots for this trip?

Regards,

al
Al Donaldson
1920 Belle Ave.
Cedar Falls, IA 50613
alandonaldson@cfu.net
(319) 277-3194

Deuce
ACC President

Post by Deuce » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:36 pm

Whoa. The Donaldsons are in? Better make sure the Clampett Barge is ship shape. Let's hope the clowns in DC can get their act together in the next week and a half.
You come too.
Robert Frost

Al Donaldson

Post by Al Donaldson » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:05 pm

Deuce wrote:Whoa. The Donaldsons are in? Better make sure the Clampett Barge is ship shape. Let's hope the clowns in DC can get their act together in the next week and a half.

Luke:

Last I saw, all the accesses and most of the camping spots would be open but without services (as of 10:00 this morning.) Only Big Spring was listed as being closed. But who knows? The National Scenic Riverways website shut down this afternoon.

At worst case, folks can come on over to the Big Piney River(MO) to camp.

Regards,

al
Al Donaldson
1920 Belle Ave.
Cedar Falls, IA 50613
alandonaldson@cfu.net
(319) 277-3194

Deuce
ACC President

Post by Deuce » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:18 pm

This is what I've read http://www.news-leader.com/article/2013 ... nav%7Chead" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, but I much prefer your version. Who knows? Be good to see y'all regardless, and I'll be up for a North Fork float.
You come too.
Robert Frost

Al Donaldson

Post by Al Donaldson » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:57 pm

Deuce wrote:This is what I've read http://www.news-leader.com/article/2013 ... nav%7Chead" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, but I much prefer your version. Who knows? Be good to see y'all regardless, and I'll be up for a North Fork float.
Luke:

You may well be right. That certainly does not agree with what the National Riverways site said this morning, but then, who in government knows what is going on? And since their email and phones are shut down...

Remember, we have the best government that money can buy.

The Big Piney River, North Fork of the White (although probably NOT the NFS accesses), the Little Piney River and Little Piney Creek and the 11 point may be able to provide some paddling.

We'll see.

al
Al Donaldson
1920 Belle Ave.
Cedar Falls, IA 50613
alandonaldson@cfu.net
(319) 277-3194

Louiscov
Name: Louis Covington

Post by Louiscov » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:31 pm

Al Donaldson wrote:Louis:

Could you make room for a couple of Yankees for paddling from the 14th thru the 16th?

We are so out of water up here, the fish are lining up at the bottled water stores! We would be staying over at Boiling Springs on the Big Piney River (West of Licking, MO) and driving over to join you each day.

Have you considered the Norfork or Bryant Creek as possible paddling spots for this trip?

Regards,

al
YOU BET WE'D MAKE ROOM; it'd be a privilege to have you join us, and I would LOVE to hit Bryant and Norfork Wednesday/Thursday myself. I'll check with some of the others on those two, but we'll stay in touch and I'll be planning on paddling with y'all. The most welcoming/warm football fans I've ever met were at Urbana-Champlain IL and Lawrence, KS so I have a special regard for you mid-westerners!! :D
"There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." Wind In the Willows

"I am haunted by waters." A River Runs Through It

louis covington

Louiscov
Name: Louis Covington

Post by Louiscov » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:04 pm

QUICK NOTE ON POSSIBLE CAMP/RIVER CLOSINGS:

Our trip to Missouri is ON FOR SURE!! If the government mess doesn't sift out in a couple of days we'll consider close options in the same area such as Norfork, Bryants, Little and Big Piney of Missouri, Eleven Point, LOTS OF ALTERNATIVES AVAILABLE near Eminence.

http://www.news-leader.com/comments/art ... g-shutdown" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; SEE THIS ITEM POSTED BY LUKE.
"There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." Wind In the Willows

"I am haunted by waters." A River Runs Through It

louis covington

Social Media