Call for Rec School instructors and other volunteers

Recreational and touring boaters

Liz Caldwell

Call for Rec School instructors and other volunteers

Post by Liz Caldwell » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:17 am

Rec School will be June 25-27 on the Spring River and registration is just around the corner (starts May 3)!

Just as in WW School, the number of volunteer commitments over the next few weeks will set the number of classes we can offer this year. We need to have the staff lined up by May 5.

If you are interested in helping instruct or running sweep for a class, please e-mail me at lizcaldwell2000@yahoo.com. Not all staff needs to be an ACA-certified instructor, we can use all the experienced paddlers we can get! But for ACA compliance purposes, we will need to put one ACA-certified instructor with each class.

Please send me your phone number, and if you are an ACA member, your ACA number. Also if you haven't helped with the school before, please give me a very brief summary of your paddling experience and any experience you might have in teaching paddling (i.e. roll sessions, teaching friends, etc). More information about Rec School on the Events page of the website.

Rec School is always a blast! Hope you can join us!
Liz

Wildwood
Name: Jan Johnson

Re: Call for Rec School instructors and other volunteers

Post by Wildwood » Sun May 02, 2010 10:29 am

:shock: What is the REGISTRATION Code for the school?? :roll:
Thanks.
Jan
Jan Johnson

"Life shouldn't be a journey to the grave intending to arrive safely in an attractive, well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a paddle in your hands, body totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Lupe
Name: Heather Huckeba

Post by Lupe » Sun May 02, 2010 8:51 pm

Registration does not open until May 3. No code will be required.
I've heard that into every life a little of it must fall,
but you'll never catch me complaining about too much of that southern rain.
~ Michael Timmins, Cowboy Junkies

Wildwood

Post by Wildwood » Sun May 02, 2010 9:05 pm

When I attempt to look at anything about registration, the second page requests a Registration Code (with a red star "Mandatory Field") and denies me access to further info without the code. So what now? :roll: I'm aware of the registration not opening until Monday. Just wanted to check out the questions ahead of time . . .
Thanks!
Jan
Jan Johnson

"Life shouldn't be a journey to the grave intending to arrive safely in an attractive, well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a paddle in your hands, body totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Lupe
Name: Heather Huckeba

Post by Lupe » Sun May 02, 2010 9:17 pm

Sorry - there's not really any way for you to go through the registration form until registration opens.
I've heard that into every life a little of it must fall,
but you'll never catch me complaining about too much of that southern rain.
~ Michael Timmins, Cowboy Junkies

Clif

Post by Clif » Mon May 03, 2010 6:03 am

Hey Jan, thanks for checking on me.

It will be questions about abilities and what you like/want to do with your boat. It helps group you with boaters near your own level.

experience in how much.. what rivers... do you roll.. how good can you swim.. any health issues.. what kind of boat... age?....do you catch eddies or just ride the middle
You sure this is on the right channel?

Wildwood

Post by Wildwood » Mon May 03, 2010 4:44 pm

The only questions on the registration were what kind of boat I will be using and which streams/lakes I had paddled. Nothing about health issues, concerns, or anything else. I registered at 5:28 this morning. With no code required, but no questions to answer. Since I have health/age issues I looked for a place to note that info. :roll:

After the tornado 2 years ago, I'm concerned about friends and neighbors when it gets rumbly out.
Jan Johnson

Liz Caldwell

Post by Liz Caldwell » Mon May 03, 2010 4:50 pm

Wildwood,

I am the director of Rec School so feel free to e-mail me with your health/age concerns. Include a phone number so we can talk if needed.

lizcaldwell2000@yahoo.com.

When the classes are assigned, your instructor will be contacting you so you can talk about any other concerns you have. That won't be until the first week of June. I'll post when the class assignments go out.
Liz

Karla
Name: Karla R.

Post by Karla » Sun May 09, 2010 4:54 pm

I plan to come up and may be able to help with the registration on Friday night. I plan to get a group together that is not in the school to paddle Sat. and Sun. if anyone wants to that is not instructing in school or running sweep. Gary will be running sweep but I still want to paddle. Anyone interested let me know in just paddling as a group during rec school time.

Karla

Minna Ulmer
Name: minna ulmer

Post by Minna Ulmer » Mon May 10, 2010 5:03 pm

Karla,you know I am interested.I am so happy you posted this! I would paddle Fri.,Sat., and Sun if anyone is interested. Minna

Social Media