Water Trail NW AR

Recreational and touring boaters

Kurt
ACC Vice President
Name: Kurt Otto

Water Trail NW AR

Post by Kurt » Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:27 pm

We have talked about it for a few months. We are going to start working on it. The vision is a Water Trail or series of trails that span the length of the White River from Pettigrew to the Mississippi. We currently only have plans to paddle around Fayetteville's Lake Sequoyah this Saturday. This City park charges $3 per boat and $3 per person plus tax. We would like to start from the launch at 1:00 pm Saturday April 11th. p.m. or post if you would like to join us for the paddle or the formation talks after we paddle.

sugarmtngal
Name: Gretch

Re: Water Trail NW AR

Post by sugarmtngal » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:32 pm

How long do you think you'll be on the water? Do you have participation? I'm very interested, but really don't understand why we pay$6...............not cheap just wondering why? Do we get coordinates and then use our compass or GPS? I will try to hook up with you all after you are on the river.formation talks..................may not be able to make it but I'll try and get there.

Thanks Kurt! :clap:
"Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair". -Kahil Gibran-

Kurt
ACC Vice President
Name: Kurt Otto

Post by Kurt » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:44 pm

The $6 fee is the standard rate for access to Lake Sequoyah. We chose Lake Sequoyah because Fayetteville is generally trail friendly and it's an easy starting point for the project. It's close to the folks who said they wanted to participate and we would like to build friends with the parks and Rec folks there in the hopes that we can use that experience when/if we expand to the larger lakes on the White river corridor. We will probably only paddle a couple of hours and will take GPS waypoints along the way. Lake Sequoyah is a single entry/exit point launch and we will just explore the ends of the lake and get a since of what we need to do to make a trail that people can follow. Give me a call if you want to just meet the group after we paddle. We'd love to have you along too.

lobbylady
Name: Jacqueline L

Post by lobbylady » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:38 am

Due to unforeseen events, we have postponed the water trail exploration. We are discussing when the best date to reschedule. Sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused you.
Jacqueline
"Here's to your health, to every moment, every week, and month that you wake up to the priviledge of another breath- another chance to get it right."
-Author unknown

Social Media