(2) Lost Kayaks on Upper Ouachita River - Green & Camo

Forum for posting lost and found items only.

Eric In HS
Name: Eric

(2) Lost Kayaks on Upper Ouachita River - Green & Camo

Post by Eric In HS » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:13 am

Hey Everyone.

A group of us floated the Upper Ouachita River from Rocky Shoals (Pencil Bluff/Camp Ozark/Hwy 270) to Dragover (Sims/Gibbs/Hwy 88) this Saturday, August 20th. The water was extremely high as you can imagine, and about a mile from Dragover two of us flipped our boats and went in the water. We were all wearing our life jackets, so everyone was OK, but the kayaks were carried downstream and we were unable to corral them before we had to leave the water.

The kayaks were last seen floating extremely quickly away from Dragover Takeout, heading towards Lake Ouachita.

Missing Kayaks:

(1) 12' Field & Stream Sit-In Kayak (green, black & white camo top, black bottom.) (Missing watertight compartment.)
(1) 10' Pelican sit-in kayak (Lime Green top, white bottom)

They aren't expensive kayaks by any means, but I would still like to get them back if possible. If anyone happens to locate these kayaks and is willing to return them, my cell phone number is 479-719-6605 and my name is Eric. Thank you very much.

Jim Krueger

Re: (2) Lost Kayaks on Upper Ouachita River - Green & Camo

Post by Jim Krueger » Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:50 am

Eric,
I saw your post a week or two ago and should have written then. There is an outfitter , High Shoals Cabins, that is located a couple of miles or so downstream of the Dragover take-out. It may be worth a call to them to see if they or their customers had seen them.
From their website, the phone is 870 867 3937.
We floated down to River Bluff ( across from Dragover TO) last Sunday but didn't see them. Have you been back to look? Do you have your name and contact info written in the boats? Hope this helps.

Best Regards
Jim

Cowper
Name: Cowper C

Re: (2) Lost Kayaks on Upper Ouachita River - Green & Camo

Post by Cowper » Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:47 am

Jim,
From his last post on Facebook, I know he found the camo kayak, but at last report had not found the green Pelican. He also indicated he had motored upstream five miles from the lake, and since he found the other boat about 1.5 miles downstream of the put-in, I suspect he has now checked the Dragover stretch. That would leave the next several miles below the Dragover take out as the one section that might not have been searched yet, or, further downstream in the lake.
Trash: Get a little every time you go!

Social Media