Found Canoe Cadron Creek 8-18-2016 (RESOLVED - Owner found!)

Forum for posting lost and found items only.

Cowper
Name: Cowper C

Found Canoe Cadron Creek 8-18-2016 (RESOLVED - Owner found!)

Post by Cowper » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:21 pm

Billy Williams found a canoe in the Daddy's Knee area (between Pinnacle Springs and Hwy 65) today. He was able to free it and bring it downstream, now we just need to find the rightful owner.

I don't want to offend anyone, but if you claim the boat, I'm going to ask for some ID, because the boat used to be another color and was painted over, including painting over the serial number plate making it very hard to make out the serial number. A rightful owner won't be bothered by the fact that I'm checking with authorities about the serial number, and if the police come back to me and ask where the boat is, to protect myself I'm going to need to be able to tell them who has it.

We really do want to get this boat back to the owner, and I hope the owner and the person who got separated from it on Cadron are one and the same!

Billy also found a couple of PFD's, and one paddle. We assume these belong to whoever owns the boat.
Last edited by Cowper on Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trash: Get a little every time you go!

BangBang
Name: Phil

Re: Found Canoe Cadron Creek 8-18-2016

Post by BangBang » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:41 pm

Guys, I couldn't be happier to see this post. I went down Cadron to get the boat today. It was lodged under a fallen tree at Daddy's Knee. I spent an hour w my buddy trying to get that thing loose. Had to leave as we were running out of daylight.

I can tell you the color, and the make and year model of that boat. I painted over it last year. I reassure you that boat is not stolen. I bought it from a fella in Brinkley that needed to move. Kept it on a pond. Anyways, thank you so very much!

Please call me any time!!!

Phil Houston

870-270-8241

BangBang
Name: Phil

Post by BangBang » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:17 pm

I think my post is confusing. My and my buddy went down and he flipped the canoe. We spent over an hour trying To get it out. Had to leave it.

I went today to try and retrieve it. It was gone. Thought it was gone for good till I saw the lost poster. Never thought to check the canoe club.

Sorry for he confusing.

Please call when you get the time.

Thank you.

Phil Houston

Cowper
Name: Cowper C

Post by Cowper » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:32 am

GREAT! I'll send you a text with Billy's contact info. He has the boat, two PFD's, one paddle. And a mesh bag. Although we were considering the possibility the boat could be stolen - we also noted the mesh bag, full of beverage cans properly contained. That's the way good people act, not the act of a slimeball thief.

I hope we haven't inconvenienced you by moving the boat. We usually "take possession" if we find one like that, partly because we know a rain could raise the river and move or destroy the boat, but also because we know if WE get it, the boat will go back to the rightful owner.
Trash: Get a little every time you go!

Social Media