Still have not lost hope!

Forum for posting lost and found items only.

Gordon Kumpuris
ACC Communications

Still have not lost hope!

Post by Gordon Kumpuris » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:54 pm

So back in March I had a well documented oops on the East Fork of the Little Buffalo River.http://forums.arkansascanoeclub.com/vie ... lo#p154707" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
An oops that resulted in me loosing my Dagger Nomad creek kayak. I am attaching a photo with a similar boat. It was last seen a mile or so below Johnson's Squeeze heading downstream like a bullet. A large portion of the river just above and below the takeout at Murry has been scouted by boat and even by plane (no kidding) with no luck since then. I'm guessing the kayak met one of two fates. Either it was washed well downstream of Murray and was recovered by a local or it sunk against a rock wall and may still be somewhere downstream of where it was last seen and upstream of where we previously looked. This latter possibility would have meant that those in my paddling party that day would have paddled past it a fact that typically would be hard to do. But on that day, in those conditions I can see where it was possible. So if anyone is on the EFLB please keep a look out for a yellow and orange Nomad. I think there is the real possibility that it is still there. That creek valley is so rugged and inaccessible that it would be surprising to me if someone other than a kayaker would have been close to it. This is also the reason why I've not gone back and tried to hike the above mentioned section. It is just too rugged. Even a turkey hunter would have to be really ambitious to want to venture that deep into a rugged valley. Anyway.....Keep an eye out. If you see it get some coordinates if possible. A nice ransom will be paid upon return. 501-944-0480
Attachments
dagger-nomad.jpg
Skoboten!

Jim Krueger

Re: Still have not lost hope!

Post by Jim Krueger » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:44 pm

Gordon,

I read your original trip report at the time, and with my much-lesser kayaking capabilities, was just cringing at the difficulty of your run and weather conditions also. I have since wondered if anything had developed with finding your boat thus far. Good luck.

Best Regards
Jim

Ouachitoff
Name: Chris H

Re: Still have not lost hope!

Post by Ouachitoff » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:40 am

I bet you it is still up in there somewhere. Rugged country, indeed!
A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor.
- English proverb

Social Media