Bell Ocoee

Paddling gear and boat review

faxon

Bell Ocoee

Post by faxon » Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:41 am

Anybody have any opinions on the Ocoee since Bell started putting them out? Are there any discernible differences?
Paul Hill

Steve S
ACC Secretary

Bell Ocoee at Ozark Outdoor Supply

Post by Steve S » Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:53 am

Paul, Ozark Outdoor Supply is now a Bell dealer and has an Ocoee in stock. You could stop by and check it out.

You don't have your location on your post so I don't know if a store in Central AR is easy for you to get to..
Steve Shepherd

"If you aren't living on the edge, you're taking up too much space." - Jim Whittaker, first American to summit Mt. Everest.

Crane

Post by Crane » Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:10 pm

Did Bell pick up any other molds from Dagger?
Crane

Steve S
ACC Secretary

Bell Ocoee

Post by Steve S » Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:38 am

Bell only purchased the Ocoee mold from Dagger.

My daughter has a Prodigy which handles much like an Ovation, but you can tell that they didn't come from a similar mold.
Steve Shepherd

"If you aren't living on the edge, you're taking up too much space." - Jim Whittaker, first American to summit Mt. Everest.

faxon

Post by faxon » Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:55 pm

Yeah I saw an Ocoee at Ozark Outdoors which is why I originally posted. Just looking to see if anyone out there had any first hand knowledge/opinions about them, if they any different than the dagger models. I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone paddling a Bell around here.
Paul Hill

Randy Dodson

Post by Randy Dodson » Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:36 pm

Quite a few of the paddlers on Cboats.net have said that the Bell models don't seem to be nearly as good ABS as when they were Dagger. But I've also heard that said about all royalex boats regardless of brand name since Uniroyal sold its royalex production a few years ago. Still, boat makers are the ones who specify how thick the ABS should be in all areas of the sheets ordered for a specific mold.

Since I don't believe in having too many boats, I'd probably buy it if I had the money. After all, it's an OCOEE. :D
Parrot Head Paddler

Social Media