Flex Seal as Seen on TV

Paddling gear and boat review

Shark Attack

Flex Seal as Seen on TV

Post by Shark Attack » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:57 pm

Has anyone tried this on an old royalex canoe? I think I'm going to give it a try on a small area that doesn't seem to leak, but just want to be sure. I may also coat the inside of the old girl up to the water level just to be sure. :confused:
Wes

Jim Krueger

Re: Flex Seal as Seen on TV

Post by Jim Krueger » Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:57 pm

Wes,

I have two cans of the stuff sitting in the shop, probably never to be used. After buying some, and then reading the label for it's contents, it seems to me to be just a spray-on form of the similar silicone sealant ( clear, white, black, interior, exterior, or otherwise) that we have had for years , and mostly available in a caulking tube/gun application previously. Silicone is still a very good sealant for very many applications, but I think I will carry on with the tubes, or calking gun applicators when I use it.
I must add, I have only used the Flex Seal thus far on a metal boat I have, I don't know how well it will adhere to the plastic. It goes on pretty thin, so several coats may be needed. I got the 'clear' variety, but it actually goes on white, and gets whiter as it dries.

Best Regards
Jim

Shark Attack

Re: Flex Seal as Seen on TV

Post by Shark Attack » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:28 pm

Jim, so far so good. Putting on lots of light coats & it is staying clear. I'm going to get another can tomorrow & put some more layers on. :thumbup:
Wes

Social Media