Paddling gear and boat review

hilbili
Name: jeff benefield

Post by hilbili » Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:53 pm

googled this forum and didn't see karma. I have an XP10, and its been good to me for the brief time I've been kayaking(early march). recently added a Jackson Karma L. After a couple hours this past weekend at rockport and today on lower little mo, it seems to be a good fit for me @ 6'1" 270lbs. I tried a Super Fun and Super Hero recently, and with the seat all the way back they were still a little tight.

@ 9' with practically the same volume as the RemixXP10 (vs 73 gal for the XP9) this is more like what I imagined when LL anounced a 100 gal Remix, but with a portion of a planing hull down the center. I know I'm still wet behind the ears, but it actually feels a little more stable all around.

anybody else paddle a karma and like it?
or why not?
tell'em Goober says "hey"!

ShayA
Name: Shay

Re: karma

Post by ShayA » Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:46 pm

I paddle a medium Karma. I had a Remix XP a couple years ago so I know what you were used to. The last 2 years I was paddling a Pyranha Karnali and a play boat. The Karnali was my first real downriver boat and I had most of my first descents in the Karnali. After a couple years I was looking for something different so I paddled several boats before I bought the Karma. I tried a Zen, old Burn, new Mamba and Shiva. Out of all those I liked the Karma best. Easiest and best fit right out of the plastic, doesn't feel as big as the Shiva and faster, love the flat hull, the edges are very forgiving but there when you need them although I need to learn how to use them better. The Karnali had no edge at all. The uni shock bulkhead is the best out there. I've paddled it couple times on the Tot and other smaller stuff. Best boat purchase so far.

Social Media