WRSII full face helmets

Paddling gear and boat review

perspective7
Name: Seth

WRSII full face helmets

Post by perspective7 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:29 pm

Anyone have the new WRSI full face helmet? I've got a Shred Ready full face that only comes in one size that I had to shave some foam off to make it fit without giving me a headache(got a big noggin). I don't want to drop $400 on a LG/XL Sweet so I was wondering if these were any bigger..at least the WRSI comes in two sizes. I would like to be able to fit a neoprene cap under my helmet which is impossible w/ the Shred.

justin.payne

Re: WRSII full face helmets

Post by justin.payne » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:50 am

I bought a L/XL new at the beginning of the paddling season here in Colorado. I've got 38 IV-V+ runs in it so far and here is my opinion--

Sits more snug than the SR full face with the correct padding, probably a little smaller actually.

The mouth guard is closer to your face, which is a double edged sword....Makes it more comfortble and easier to see, however it cut my lip when I took a face shot upside down.

Super duper comfortable with the NRS mystery cap underneath (I wear it even on really hot days for the comfort)

After spending some unfortunate time upside down in Rigor Mortis the other day, I realized that it is signicantly quieter when its banging off of rocks. Not sure if it is the padding or the plastic, but it makes rock/helmet contact a little less dramatic.

I'm always having to readjust the padding because it doesnt stick to the plastic very well, especially on really warm days. I'd suggest getting your own double sided tape or velcro to keep the padding in.

Hope this helps.

Social Media